DIY Desk Completed

Table is about 32.5" tall, I should have taken the thickness of the table top into account when I had the legs cut. So it definitely needs a keyboard tray. Raising the chair puts my feet off the ground.

My keyboard and mouse pad is about 3 ft. So I may do the tray in a 4 ft length and 1 ft in width. Get me some extra space to store other stuff like hiding charge cables.

Update: Went back to Lowes. They cut it for free.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

nice desk. just one question though do the feet have any rubber or anything to protect the tile? if not I would put something down.

Yeah they have these little plastic feet caps on them. I'll see if I can find some of those furniture sliding pads to use with them as well. The desk is pretty hefty, ~40-50 pounds without anything on it. 

20150409_205751.jpg

just wanted to show you what i built last week thanks to this thread lol i was tired of my L shape glass desk. its a 8 foot 1 and 1/2 thick counter top found it at ikea in the clearance section for 40 bucks lol bought 6 post legs for 20 bucks so all in all its not to bad. I do need to grab one of those nifty wire baskets.

Congrats on glorious space. It almost looked like a floating desk since it matches your wall paint. As long as Ikea is around, I see no purpose in buying pre-made desks anymore. Unless you need the built-in storage for a cheaper price.

Edited by WhenKittensATK