Edward Snowden - NSA Leaks

wevsspot

I'm surprised that this topic hasn't been discussed yet, so I figured I would kick off the discussion.

Traitor or Patriot?

Should the US extradite and prosecute him?

Do the programs that he "outed" scare the living hell out of you?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HERO!

The US will attempt extradition, hopefully unsuccessfully.

And YES, the program scares me, as it should. Thanks to him for attempting to enlighten us but our typical apathy will not allow us to do anything about it :(

i call it freedom of speech <3

if the people need to abide by the law, then the people of that company he leaked info of should too.

who digs a hole for another.....

HERO!

The US will attempt extradition, hopefully unsuccessfully.

And YES, the program scares me, as it should. Thanks to him for attempting to enlighten us but our typical apathy will not allow us to do anything about it :(

I agree on every point.  

Sometime soon the average citizens in the US are going to have to rise up and force changes, otherwise I'm frightened for the country that my grandkids (and maybe even my kids) will be living in.  What surprises me is that for all of the grass roots agendas, efforts and protests we have witnessed in the history of the US, that these latest incidents; from the seizure of journalist's phone records, to the Verizon wireless snooping, to the Prism revelation, that there aren't protests all across the nation.

True patriot IMO. He gave up his entire life to stand up for the constitution.

He was careful enough to leak only evidence that wouldn't put anyone in direct danger as well.

What is really pissing me off is the NSA is changing the whole story to the leaker not having a High School Diploma. 

People are forgetting the whole point of all this and more about getting this guy in jail.

Ignore the government monitoring of the internet and the effective discarding of the 4th amendment.
Look at this guy, he didn't graduate high school and he's a traitor.

True patriot IMO. He gave up his entire life to stand up for the constitution.

He was careful enough to leak only evidence that wouldn't put anyone in direct danger as well.

Not to mention risks the death penalty as a "traitor"!

Well, what sort of valuable information could he leak anyways as a 3 month employee of the CIA, move along.

He worked for the NSA and CIA for years.

Well, what sort of valuable information could he leak anyways as a 3 month employee of the CIA, move along.

You might want to catch up on current affairs before recommending people move along.

You might want to catch up on current affairs before recommending people move along.

The cavalier attitude people have towards this burns me up.

Also, before someone brings it up, the tired argument of "if you've got nothing to hide" is both dangerous and short-sighted. http://falkvinge.net/2012/07/19/debunking-the-dangerous-nothing-to-hide-nothing-to-fear/