iPod touch sync error 13001

JBags

Hey all, i recently just started getting this 13001 error when I try to sync music to my Touch. I've searched the interwebs, as well as Apple's support site and it seems there is no definitive answer.

I can sync Apps and photos fine, but not music.

iPod Touch 2nd Gen 32GB firmware 3.1.2, latest itunes 9 (as of 12/9/09), Windows XP SP3 (my laptop.. )

I have tried:

• reinstalling iTunes
  • resetting the Touch
  • using an older library file
  • recreating my library from scratch
  • syncing only songs with Sample Rate of 44.1kHz (someone found that syncing songs w/ SR greater than 44.1khz can cause this error

I do not have access to my desktop system in my sig at this time, as it's at home and I dorm in college, so I cannot test if I also get the error on that.

if anyone has any info, i'd greatly appreciate it!

not that I know anything on the matter but did this begin when you flashed it to 3.1.2?? and if so can you revert back to the previous version??

No, I've had 3.1.2 firmware for a while, with no issues. I haven't tried older firmware (mainly because I do not know how to do this, and final exams but I can look it up and give it a try later...)

Literally, the only thing I changed was I added like 2 albums to my library, tried to sync, got the error. First thing I did was remove those two albums lol.

I don't have anything constructive to add, but have you checked Apple forums?

You can search Google for "error 13001 site:discussions.apple.com"

Yes I have, however I'll double check with that google equation. most of the information I do have on this 13001 error comes from "third party" Apple-dedicated forums i've found through Google..

you reinstalled iTunes, but did you reinstall the firmware via DFU mode?

What is DFU mode? I've tried resetting the iPod through the reset function in the iPod and through the Restore (to original "factory" setttings) function in iTunes.

Thanks for the replies, guys, I appreciate any assistance with this. Pretty much, my ipod as a music player is bricked lol :glare:

search youtube for DFU mode. it will show you how to do it, it's the best way to fix really stuck iphones/ipods

Once in DFU mode you can restore the firmware

Okay thanks, I'm trying it now :)

UPDATE: DFU restore did not work :angry: I still get the 13001 error when trying to sync music <_<

UPDATE #2: Okay I think I solved the issue. Upon further investigation on the apple discussion forums, it seems some processes/services conflict with the music syncing, so i went into msconfig, disabled all non-microsoft and non-itunes/ipod related services and startup processes. rebooted, and was able to sync some music successfully. Went back into msconfig a manually reenabled select services and startup progs i need/want and rebooted again, sync still worked. So now, as I type this, iTunes is syncing my entire 7.8GB library to my Touch. Hopefully, it stays working now :)

Odd thing is, I didn't install anything new or add/enable any startup progs or services... I still really don't know the exact culprit, but everything is working now so I really don't care lol

Thanks for all your assistance!!

Edited by fearspartan117