Badaboom Media Converter Software Reviewed

Nemo

ATI has video converting too...and it's free (though hard to access)

Good review though

I saw one before where it compared the two and ATI's rendered faster and could do more media types, but I think the nvidia one had more preset conversion settings or something.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Not to sound like I favor a company, but last time I checked, ATI's video converter didn't output anything near watchable quality. Perhaps it was updated lately though, so I may be wrong ;)

Not to sound like I favor a company, but last time I checked, ATI's video converter didn't output anything near watchable quality. Perhaps it was updated lately though, so I may be wrong ;)

Ah, I'd tell you myself if I had a card to test that out but I don't. What do you mean by unwatchable?

Unless you encode videos all the time, Super© FTW. It's free, has all the formats in the world for both input and output, including for audio, and it's simple to use. Yes, it uses the CPU, not the GPU, but like I said, unless you're encoding videos all the time, I think it's worth the few minutes extra it'll take.

There's tons of CPU transcoders! I used Handbrake because it's free and open source, but of course there's more out there that work just as well or possibly better

When working with high resolution videos, the GPU is much faster

There's tons of CPU transcoders! I used Handbrake because it's free and open source, but of course there's more out there that work just as well or possibly better

When working with high resolution videos, the GPU is much faster

MEGUI is open source too :P, and is super versatile. After much interrogation I learned the secret to getting super small file sizes on videos while still keeping the same quality levels. All the fansub groups out there use megui.

Handbrake and I never really clicked, which is odd because MEGUI is 100X more complex then any other, you just have to know what you need out of it then ask around on which settings to mess with.

Edited by IVIYTH0S