Obama Wants To Delay Dtv Switch

Verran

But that's exactly how things in Washington work when one party has a clear numerical advantage in the House of Representatives. Hopefully, the Democrats will continue in their old ways because I have a sneaky feeling that the citizens will not put up with their games anylonger

Anything that keeps them away from that "porkulous" spending bill is a step in the right direction.

Maybe the Louisiana Delegation's Mardi Gras Ball will be giving them something to be distracted about!

The last thirty years or so have been one of the only times that our representation has been so heavily divided. Most of Washington's history is periods of Democratic power switched with Republican power after awhile.

And given that I work for the government, I can say I'm not surprised.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DailyTech: House Expected to Pass Massaged DTV Delay Bill, Qualcomm Backs Original Deadline

The Senate reworked the bill to include modified voting procedures that only require a majority vote rather than a 2/3 vote to approve the bill. ... The White House has said that it now anticipates that the House will pass the bill to delay the transition.

Like my mother always told me: If at first you don't succeed, change the rules.

This is just so incredibly lame.

"What? We can't get two-thirds? Oh, let's just say we don't need two-thirds!"

"OMG, you're a genius!"

Who the hell even bothers with paying extra for TV service nowadays, digital or otherwise. Now instead of 13 or 30 you have 600 channels of crap ;)

Anything worth watching is available as HD for download online, and yes, even legitimately.

Who the hell even bothers with paying extra for TV service nowadays, digital or otherwise. Now instead of 13 or 30 you have 600 channels of crap ;)

Anything worth watching is available as HD for download online, and yes, even legitimately.

AGREED

I'm not bragging but I have like 1000 god damn channels and I honestly I think I've watched maybe 35 of them...

I wish someone offered YOU to pick the channels that YOU wanted to watch in a custom package.

I'm not bragging but I have like 1000 god damn channels and I honestly I think I've watched maybe 35 of them...

:lol:

I've only got about 40, but I only ever watch the BBC, C4 and maybe FilmFour if there's something really good on :P

DailyTech: House Expected to Pass Massaged DTV Delay Bill, Qualcomm Backs Original Deadline

Like my mother always told me: If at first you don't succeed, change the rules.

This is just so incredibly lame.

"What? We can't get two-thirds? Oh, let's just say we don't need two-thirds!"

"OMG, you're a genius!"

Bleeding hearts can get what they want, I'm not surprised at all.