Slow WindowsXP BootUp

This still does not explain why my 3200+/MSI nF3 setup boots much faster than my new 4400+/DFI nF4 Ultra D setup.

True... I posted so you wouldn't exacerbate the problems.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True... I posted so you wouldn't exacerbate the problems.

Understand, but have you witnessed this slow boot problem I and other DFI nF4 mainboard owners have been expressing concern over and looking for answers on these forums?

I had it once on an nf2 board. I recall needing some firmware, or something like that, for one of my devices. Usually when it takes a long time to boot, it's because the os is looking for something and not finding it right away... at least that's my theory, for which I have no facts or links to back up.

I've noticed that a lot of guys with the problem are running sata and ide drives... perhaps there's something to that?

• 2 weeks later...

hi - does anyone know how to fix the slow boot up yet with dfi ?

i have the same problem right from day one with a fresh install - everything was new - so defrag, and reg. scanners are not the problem -

since day one -- it takes maybe 3 times longer than my older barton 2500+

my old system boots really fast - the windows screen goes away after one time the blue line goes across --

now my new system - the blue line goes back and forth about 15 times before going into windows desktop - -

i have my cd room to boot first and i have it the same way on my old system - so i dont think thats the problem - i have two dvdroms on the old and two on the new -- i have 2 hard drives on the old one and 2 on the new ones which are in my sig.

the only thing i see when i boot that i am not sure of is the first dvd rom i have is ide and it says its a slave -- the second dvd i have is a plextor sata and both hard drives are connected sata -

did anyone figure out the solution ?

thanks

thanks - but what is NCQ ? and where do i go to turn it off - ?

alot of people are new and learning - so its nice to have some more little details - :D

i assume NCQ is in the bios somewhere

but i havnt a clue where - can you guide me to it

thanks

• 1 month later...

anyone have any real solutions for this yet? i just put together my rig it boots up super slow. defragged, services and startup programs(not many to begin with) trimmed. still slow. using sata raptor and nec 3550a dvd burner. nvidia ide driver not installed.

• 4 weeks later...

i just finished my build w/ a Ultra-D and was having the same long boots on the windows screen. so i got into the bios and diabled the COM and IrDA ports or whatever and it fixed it! now the blue bar only goes by 5 times and i'm in windows. the only idles i have are my dvd burners and i only have one sata2 drive, also running x32 pro. don't know if what i did is the problem but it worked for me and i hope it works for all of you.