My motherboard caught fire

Savan

So I may be on less for a while, until I have my motherboard RMA'd. It was shooting flames out from under the NB heat sync. I can only hope nothing else was damaged, because I dont have another board thats AM3 and DDR3 to test with.

ya, I wasnt really interested in taking pics, I was more interested in pulling the plug. Ill take a pic, but all you can really see is a scorch mark/darkening on the back of the board. I think one of the capacitors next to the NB went bad by looking at the scorch. For reference, its an MSI 79GX-G65

@El_Captin if I do need to replace the board, I'm getting one with the 890 chipset and sata/usb3. Those are good prices though

10250019512.jpg

1025001952.jpg

Edited by Savan

ya, I wasnt really interested in taking pics, I was more interested in pulling the plug. Ill take a pic, but all you can really see is a scorch mark/darkening on the back of the board. I think one of the capacitors next to the NB went bad by looking at the scorch. For reference, its an MSI 79GX-G65

@El_Captin if I do need to replace the board, I'm getting one with the 890 chipset and sata/usb3. Those are good prices though

Yikes! That is one scorched board. I had outstanding RMA service with MSI, so hopefully that works out.

when things catch fire or begin to smoke thats when the video camera comes out for me.... ROFL. Sorry about your loss saven. Hope all else is ok in the system.

:withstupid: should ran it again for a short video.