OnLive Game Pricing Revealed - What Do You Think?

jammin

Eurogamer has published a list of game prices for the OnLive service:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/26791/

Some of those prices personally make me wince a little. Is there a situation where you would consider them to be reasonable?

If you were someone who didn't own a console or a PC capable of playing a few games, then my response would be "maybe".

Seems like after a year of subscribing to the service and "buying" games you could build some kind of gaming rig that would make something like this just seem silly.

So I was discussing th is with some of the dev's at E3 this year, and they said the cost will reflect that of a new game. But you are buying the ability to play on low-end machines... for what thats worth, we will see.

Hopefully I get my founder access soon and can let you know more on the truth of these prices.

And now we know why the service is free for the first year. OnLive would have failed miserably if people had to pay the subscription fee plus buy those games. At least know people will be able to only worry about the game costs for the time being and figure out if it's worth it to them after a year.

Those prices also illustrate that this certainly isn't for hardcore PC gamers, as if you already have a system that can handle these games, there's no reason why you should buy the games on Steam or a retail box.

That being said, it'll be interesting to see if they have any deals like Steam frequently has.

Me no thinks people will use OnLive :(

:withstupid: I for one will definetily NOT be using 'that'.Ive seen it pop up in various forums and from the first instant i knew id be steering clear.

The only reason I will ever use it is if I get the Founders thing, and even then just for demos to see how well the service works. It would allow my parents and sister to play some decent games if they ever wanted to though...