Show your Cooler Master HAF mods.

WOW !!!! That case looks absolutely stunning in white. Nice work !!! Was wondering what color lighting you were going to go with (if any). UV? White?

Dont think many cases can pull off a white lighting scheme but in this case I think it might look sweet.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice paint job, though I'm not sure I like the fox logo too much. It doesn't have anything to do with computers so it's kind of awkward to have it there.

I agree the fox head has nothing to do with computers but the owner to be (my wife) races motocross so it reflects who she is. If you could see our gaming room anything without some type of racing logo probably would not fit in. LOL :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

looks really great!! I have the same case....but knew before I bought it, that i'll have to make the inside black....love when the whole case is black.....bur while i'm not usually a pc modder....I did it just with aerosol.....when I started, I was quitte disapointed of my choise......when i finished and started to put the stuff back on the case (like the dvdroms-attachements....i saw the paint is really weak and when i touch it with metal, it goes away....well good lesson for the next time.

What kind of paint did you use exactly?

• 1 month later...

looks really great!! I have the same case....but knew before I bought it, that i'll have to make the inside black....love when the whole case is black.....bur while i'm not usually a pc modder....I did it just with aerosol.....when I started, I was quitte disapointed of my choise......when i finished and started to put the stuff back on the case (like the dvdroms-attachements....i saw the paint is really weak and when i touch it with metal, it goes away....well good lesson for the next time.

What kind of paint did you use exactly?

I use Rust-Oleum paint, its a oil base paint that works great for metal. I find that the prep work is the key factor for painting a case, a quick ounce over with some very light sand paper and then use rubbing alcohol on a clean shop towel to wipe it down. After cleaning it avoid touching any part of the case you will paint. I use two coats and let the first coat dry for 24 hours before applying the second. Also for a clean finish place a box or a sheet of plastic (with out touching the paint) over the painted parts while they dry. Keeps dust from accumulating on the wet paint. That's what works for me. Many other ways to make it work.

I will get the finished pics up tonight.