OCC Review: Saitek Eclipse II Gaming Keyboard

OCC Review: Saitek Eclipse II Gaming Keyboard

The one peripheral all of us need and rely on is obviously the keyboard. Likely the object we will spend the most time hovering above or slumped over, a bad keyboard sticks out like an

Sorry but how on Earth was this review even published with the oh-so-obvious mistake(s) still present?

Talk about repeating things.

Very poor in my opinion!

Guest ajmatson
Sorry but how on Earth was this review even published with the oh-so-obvious mistake(s) still present?

Very poor in my opinion!

Sorry I am at a loss to see what you mean. Can you be specific. I read the review and it sounded just fine.

Sorry I am at a loss to see what you mean. Can you be specific. I read the review and it sounded just fine.

Some of it has been fixed now... but this is what I meant:

From page 2

I got used to this device in a very short period of time. It usually takes me a good few days to get used to a new peripheral, but I instantly felt at home on the Saitek 2. It could be the fact it shares similarities to the Eclipse One but even so it just felt right. During my testing period I was engaged in heavy studying for cinematography and I did not experience discomfort during any time in my hours and hours of studying online and MSN activity.

From page 3

One small gripe about the device is its susceptibility to finger prints. The black area around the keys starts off as shiny as Britney's head and has a harder time staying clean than Robert Downey Jr. on a location scout in Amsterdam. The silver area that outlines the entire unit however, shows very little dust if any at all. Overall, this is the finest keyboard I have owned to date. I liked it from the get-go and continue to be impressed by both its ease of use and the overall appealing design and function.

I got used to this device in a very short period of time. It usually takes me a good few days to get used to a new peripheral, but I instantly felt at home on the Saitek 2. It could be the fact it shares similarities to the Eclipse One but even so it just felt right. During my testing period I was engaged in heavy studying for cinematography and I did not experience discomfort during any time in my hours and hours of studying online and MSN activity.

Paragraph look familiar to you? :rolleyes: When I made my comment there were two other paragraphs repeated like this.

Edited by markiemrboo

I own one and it's a pretty quiet keyboard. The backlight just isn't bright enough for me. Even at night they don't show up very well on all 3 of the colors. Red and purple seem to show up the most during the day, but when it's night time a few of the keys are barely lit and unrecognizable.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Guest ecthlipsis

I edited that particular piece, but left that repeat paragraph in the conclusion as I thought the reviewer did it intentionally and I've already been grilled for changing reviews too much while editing. I wasn't sure if that was acceptable, as it did sound terribly tacky to me as well, but I figured I'd better not mess with it. That said, I'll take some of the blame, too, and now I know for sure that using the same paragraph in the conclusion is a no-no =)

I like how you mentioned wear and tear. It's a key concern of mine, as I have the Eclipse I and about 4 months in the WASD keys are fading quite badly. How did you find yours?

Look forward to seeing how your Eclipse II fares. My current system is gonna be relegated to secondary and put in my brother's room for lanning so might yet purchase a new keyboard.

I like how you mentioned wear and tear. It's a key concern of mine, as I have the Eclipse I and about 4 months in the WASD keys are fading quite badly. How did you find yours?

I've had my Eclipse I for over a year now, and apart from dust and Pop Tarts crumbs, it looks just like the day I got it. It's a great keyboard.

I have the original Saitek Gaming Keyboard, and after several years of ownership, this thing is exactly like it was on day one, albeit with some dust in between the keys. There is no fading of the keys.

How you managed to fade the keys on your Eclipse is beyond me....