Wierd Temp Issue

Already tested the fan by blowing can of air.. and also by hand it is smooth and no resistance.. 

Case I am using is the white corsair 600T.. The top fan is 240 and runs fine and so is the back of the case. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already tested the fan by blowing can of air.. and also by hand it is smooth and no resistance.. 

Case I am using is the white corsair 600T.. The top fan is 240 and runs fine and so is the back of the case. 

I don't see why you are getting such high temperatures...

What are your temps when you get the side panel off? If this doesn't decrease the temps considerably, it must be something else, although i cannot say what.

The only "solution" i can think of at the moment is either new paste, or ramp the fan speed up to 80% to see what temps you get then. Although i can imagine you don't like to have a vacuum-cleaner as a pc.

hey Gremlin, it's possible your heat sensors are faulty, I've seen that happen before to pc's that run perfectly, did you run bf4 with the older drivers to see if the problem was fixed, also as long as the cpu paste was not chunky it should be fine,@ Warweeny, he's running a gtx 580 not a amd card. I noticed you mentioned a 5970 ??

Edited by SpikeSoprano

hey Gremlin, it's possible your heat sensors are faulty, I've seen that happen before to pc's that run perfectly, did you run bf4 with the older drivers to see if the problem was fixed, also as long as the cpu paste was not chunky it should be fine,@ Warweeny, he's running a gtx 580 not a amd card. I noticed you mentioned a 5970 ??

huh? Am i THAT confused?

Could have sworn he was talking about the 5970 :S

Or even talking about GPU temps in general, I really need to get more sleep these days.

Sorry if i had confused you Gremlin >.<

EDIT, i see where i was going wrong, there is also a topic about heat issues with a 5970, and i thought this was that topic  :doh:

Currently I am running the PC with no case doors on both sides. Meaning bare.. Reason, when I got the house built I asked for the vent (A/C) to be at that spot where the case is but it never happened.. So the room gets hot in the summer time since the noon sun hits that wall where the case is. 

This problem is started happening recently, and for the past 2-3 years it has been fine.. So I am just trying to solve it since I don't have funds to replace any parts.

Update.. Went to Fry's and they did not have Arctic Silver and looks they did not carry it any more looks like it.. So ended up getting a white thermal paste from Antec. 

Applied the paste, temps during idle were 41 C

Used HWmonitor and Aida 64 (free version) to monitor the temps as they bought showed same values compared. 

Ran Prime95  and left it to run for 15 minutes and the temps were idle at 84 C

Did not have time to play BF4 yet, hopefully tonight and will try 3DMark as well.. 

Update.. Went to Fry's and they did not have Arctic Silver and looks they did not carry it any more looks like it.. So ended up getting a white thermal paste from Antec. 

Applied the paste, temps during idle were 41 C

Used HWmonitor and Aida 64 (free version) to monitor the temps as they bought showed same values compared. 

Ran Prime95  and left it to run for 15 minutes and the temps were idle at 84 C

Did not have time to play BF4 yet, hopefully tonight and will try 3DMark as well.. 

84 C is still way to hot to consider safe (some people may disagree on this tho).

Are you sure you have the settings in the bios to default so no stuff remains of your overclock?

If so, try to lower the vcore voltage, it *should* run fine on a lower vcore.

I don't overclock at all.. I will put the side case back on and maybe it is not getting proper airflow and give it a try again...

If all else fails.

Disable hyper threading in the bios.

Set the vcore to 1.0000 (that processor should handle those low voltages)

If the above doesn't help, then i am officially out of options.

Mind you, I have 2 kids (23 and 9 months) and i get up early. Turning the system on and doing above is within 30 min and did not leave enough time to put the case sides back nor let the paste burn in. 

Though after applying the paste, I installed the heatsink and let it sit there for like 2 min and took it out to see how far it spread and if there equal spread between the 2 and yes it was.

When I go home, will close the case covers to enable correct airflow,and leave it running on idle for 3-4 hours.. than play some bf4 to see how it goes.,. 

Noob question, how to set the vcore to 1.000? 

Noob question, how to set the vcore to 1.000? 

In the bios.

Depending how your bios looks like, you can set CPU voltage to a certain amount (if this is not displayed, you might want to set overclocking settings to manual).

If you can't find it, i can do a search for you to see where it is located.

You can also disable HT (hyper threading) in the bios as well (this would be optional as your i7 would become a fake i5, still a quadcore processor, but without the virtual cores).