Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (Release Date: Oct 14, 2014)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19344 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

UPDATE 2014-06-05: Release Date is October 14 in NA, October 17 worldwide

UPDATE 2014-04-09: Official Announcement and OCC post

Please be true!

Details:

• PC, PS3, and 360 only
  • Developed by 2K Australia, not Gearbox
  • Takes place during the five-year gap between BL 1 and 2
  • Set on the moon of Elpis where Hyperio has a large H-shaped moon base (could be seen in BL2)
  • Follows Handsome Jack's rise to power before he became known as Handsome Jack
  • Four new playable characters (Jack's lieutenants):
    • Athena The Gladiator (from BL1 General Knoxx DLC)
    • Wilhelm The Enforcer (BL2 Loader boss, but prior to him becoming a loader)
    • Nisha The Lawbringer (possibly BL2's Sheriff of Lynchwood, Jack's girlfriend)
    • Fragtrap (a militarized Claptrap)
  • Two new weapon types: Laser and Cryo (cold/freeze)
  • Low-gravity environments (can send enemies into orbit)
  • Jetpacks (for traversal)
  • New resource: Oxygen (acquired by OX-Kits)

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#2 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

When life gives you lemons, eat them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3952 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Sounds cool :) Wilhelm sounds like a Predator :D Playing as a Claptrap wouldbe weird haha... might not be an FPS if so, maybe RTS or XCOM? FPS would be cool though.

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.2Ghz
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8GB 1.48V 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Motherboard Asrock N68C-GS FX
Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Optical Disk Drive Sony Optiarc DVD/CD ReWriter
Power Supply Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze
Case Cooler Master CM690

#3 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7965 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I'd be perfectly alright with a heavily armed Claptrap. I wonder how oxygen would play with him being a robot and all.

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3.6GHz - ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 - OCZ Agility 4 128GB SSD - Seagate 500GB + 750GB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Sennheiser HD-280 Pro + HD-555 - Thermolab BARAM 2010 - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
eUYPk97.png

#4 BluePanda

BluePanda

Lab Rat

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2231 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

YES. just YES.

#5 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19344 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

I'd be perfectly alright with a heavily armed Claptrap. I wonder how oxygen would play with him being a robot and all.

Claptrap is as human as anyone!!!! :vmad:

I'm hoping that, because it's clearly a stopgap before BL3 and will likely be a shorter campaign, it's priced at $30-40.

CMt.png
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

#6 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7965 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

I'd be alright with no more than $30.

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3.6GHz - ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 - OCZ Agility 4 128GB SSD - Seagate 500GB + 750GB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Sennheiser HD-280 Pro + HD-555 - Thermolab BARAM 2010 - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
eUYPk97.png

#7 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3952 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

1978896_10154007428875694_81031952201086

Courtesy of The Gaming Liberty, not sure if official

Fall 2014 2K Australia and Gearbox studios(was only Gearbox in BL2)

Set between Borderlands and Borderlands 2, you’ll play as four all-new character classes fighting alongside Handsome Jack, witnessing his transformation into the ruthless tyrant you loved to hate in Borderlands 2, and assisting with the rise of the Hyperion Corporation. The signature shoot ‘n’ loot gameplay of the Borderlands series expands with the addition of low-gravity and oxygen-powered jetpack combat, the icy ‘Cryo’ elemental damage type, the deadly laser weapon class, and new vehicles to help you explore the diverse lunar landscape.

The four new playable character classes are all familiar faces from the Borderlands universe: Athena the Gladiator (The Secret Armory of General Knoxx), Wilhelm the Enforcer (the robotic badass of Borderlands 2), Nisha the Lawbringer (The Sheriff of Lynchwood in Borderlands 2), and yes, evenClaptrap the Fragtrap (from just about everywhere... unfortunately).

Here's the official website, as broken linked by Gearbox on facebook

http://borderlandsth...-the-pre-sequel

Preview :D Get that rumour out of de title

http://www.destructo...on-272973.phtml

O2 doesn't seem to be a problem, it pops out from loot, can apparently steal from enemies by headshotting and there are spots on the maps where it leaks and u get a refill. AND YOU CAN DO GROUND POUNDS :D

Gameplay(scroll down) & article from Polygon:

http://www.polygon.c...v7Xz66WRO3P5RTA

Character abilities(2 so far)

• Wilhelm, as Pitchford mentioned, starts out as a lightly augmented soldier. Initially he makes use of a shoulder-mounted cannon and has drones he can call to help him in combat. As you build up his skilltree though, he becomes less and less human.
  • Athena's main ability is a shield she can digistruct which can absorb damage. As new abilities are unlocked, the shield becomes increasingly diverse and powerful. Some abilities allow Athena to throw her shield like a weapon or even absorb elemental damage and then deliver it to enemies during a throw. She also has the ability to taunt enemies, which combined with her damage absorbing and dishing shield, turns her into an impressive tank.
  • Claptrap will have lower camera position apparently... hope ya like crotch views

Also the inhabitants of the moon are all apparently Australian 

Edited by DanTheGamer11, 09 April 2014 - 05:01 AM.

Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Case Cooler Master CM690

#8 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:56 AM

I never finished BL2 with all the characters or any of the DLC for that matter.

I sort of lost interest in it, maybe I'll DL that later today and play it again.

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#9 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • 15300 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

I got about halfway through on one character...it just didn't hold my attention like BL did.

Posted Image

Booyah.

#10 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3952 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:44 AM

Hmm here is a youtube video that will hopefully show here from Eurogamer:

Graphics XFX HD 7950
Case Cooler Master CM690

#11 Crow47

Crow47

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1309 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:01 AM

Borderlands 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Having said that...

This feels like another cash-in the way Arkham Origins was to Batman. I really don't understand why since they're spending the money anyways, they can't make an actual sequel to BL2. *Sigh*

Yeah, of course I'm going to buy this, but I really hope they price this more reasonably around $40 or something. We'll see.

CrowcompVII

Intel DZ77GA-70K - i7-3770 3.4GHz - 16GB DDR3 1866 HyperX Predator - eVGA GTX 780 SC 3GB  - 240GB Mushkin Chronos SSD -

850 Watt Seasonic M12ii - H60 Closed Loop Cooler - Corsair Air 540 - Win 8.1 Pro x64 - QNix QX2710 27" 1440p  @ 85 Hz (Samsung PLS)

CrowBook
Lenovo U410

1.8 GHz Intel Core i5 3337UM - 8GB DDR3 1600 (2 x 4GB) - 750GB + 25GB SSD Cache - 14" LED

nVidia 610m 1GB - Windows 8.1 Pro x64

#12 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19344 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

Borderlands 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Having said that...

This feels like another cash-in the way Arkham Origins was to Batman. I really don't understand why since they're spending the money anyways, they can't make an actual sequel to BL2. *Sigh*

Yeah, of course I'm going to buy this, but I really hope they price this more reasonably around $40 or something. We'll see.

They've never made a new-gen game, so it would indeed cost a lot more money just to learn the systems (remember, time = money). It's definitely a stopgap until BL3 comes out, just like BAO was a stopgap until BAK, but I take no issue with that. It sounds like they're adding enough new aspects to warrant a purchase, but like I said before, I too am hoping for a $30-40 price tag - not because I wouldn't pay more for a BL game, but rather because I'm getting a sense that a single playthrough will be shorter than BL2.

EDIT: One thing I will say is that it sounds like playing as each character will actually provide very different stories (at least as far as the characters are concerned), making it much more akin to Dragon Age than the previous Borderlands games. In the previous two games I only ever really played two different characters because the only thing that ever changed were the abilities. For this reason, BL:TPS may actually have a bit more replayability from a story standpoint, whereas the others relied on loot to entice players back.

CMt.png