ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19314 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

1376597328-ts4-logo.png

The Sims 4 Description

The Sims 4 is the highly anticipated life simulation game that lets you play with life like never before. Create and control new Sims with mind, body, and heart. Build their unique worlds. Direct and explore the stories of your Sims and experience delightful and exciting results.

Create and control the most intelligent and relatable Sims ever with new, intuitive design tools. Customize your Sims’ appearances, personalities, aspirations, walk styles, and even their relationship to others.

Select from diverse environments for your Sims to live in and build their home with fun, intuitive design tools that allow you to effortlessly create the homes of your dreams.

Play with life like never before in The Sims 4. The choices you make influence your Sims and everyone and everything around them. These moments create delightful and exciting results throughout gameplay.

How you play The Sims 4 is up to you. Help your Sims start a new career, find love, and start their family. Construct and design the homes of your dreams. Fulfill your Sims’ needs, explore their aspirations, and experience how they respond to life’s moments

The Sims 4 allows you to play with life like never before. The Sims live with rich physical and emotional characteristics and their worlds and stories are influenced by your choices and creativity. Welcome to The Sims 4!

Features

New Sims – Create and control more intelligent, more relatable, and emotionally rich Sims.

Intelligence – Your Sims move and act more naturally than ever before, from multitasking to expressing their emotions by the way they walk. Choose the personalities of your Sims, select their aspirations, and explore the depth of their lifelong goals through your Sims’ thoughts, social skills, careers, and memories.

Emotional Depth – For the first time, Sims feel and express emotions. Your Sims can experience a diverse range and depth of emotional states and are influenced through other Sims, actions, events, memories, or even by the clothing and objects you choose. Emotions offer you more choice by giving you the opportunity to create richer stories with even more possibilities.

New Creative Tools – Create A Sim and Build are more powerful, intuitive, and fun than ever before. You have the freedom to sculpt Sims with tactile precision. Effortlessly construct the home of your dreams with the all new room-based Build Mode.

Vibrant Neighborhoods – Chose among brilliant and diverse lots for your Sims to live in. Vivid visuals bring your Sim’s home to life.

Rich Rewards – Earn new objects, outfits, and traits by completing events, discovering collectables, and unlocking achievements.

Share Your Creations – Share your Sims’ households with your friends and the community. Download community creations for an all-new look.

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#2 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19314 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

1376596460-the-sims-4.jpg

1376596464-the-sims-4-renders.png

CMt.png
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

#3 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19314 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

I used to play The Sims and The Sims 2 all the time in college - I mostly liked just building houses and modding my own stuff. Now that The Sims 3 is in the current Humble Bundle, I'll have to play with that.

As such, what really has me excited is the following:

"New Creative Tools – Create A Sim and Build are more powerful, intuitive, and fun than ever before. You have the freedom to sculpt Sims with tactile precision. Effortlessly construct the home of your dreams with the all new room-based Build Mode."

If you take a look at the screenshots above, the "sculpting" looks really sweet!

CMt.png

#4 Viexi

Viexi

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

I'm in love with The Sims, but I just don't understand how ANYONE can afford to play it, expansion after expansion.

Your average Sims game seems to produce 7 ~ 9 expansions over its lifetime, which is around 3 years, give or take. That doesn't include the Stuff Packs.

Your average gamer drops money on somewhere around 5 games a year (at full price, this might even be a little generous given the frequency of sales nowadays).

Based on this, how can anyone afford to play The Sims without surrendering the entirety of their free time and budget for other games as well? The expansions are so expensive!

"I think we can put our differences behind us. For Science. You monster."

Posted Image

#5 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19314 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

I'm in love with The Sims, but I just don't understand how ANYONE can afford to play it, expansion after expansion.

Your average Sims game seems to produce 7 ~ 9 expansions over its lifetime, which is around 3 years, give or take. That doesn't include the Stuff Packs.

Your average gamer drops money on somewhere around 5 games a year (at full price, this might even be a little generous given the frequency of sales nowadays).

Based on this, how can anyone afford to play The Sims without surrendering the entirety of their free time and budget for other games as well? The expansions are so expensive!

Because the only ones who need the expansions are those investing so much time into it that it's worth it. In the end, it's really no different than those willing to spend over $100/yr for WoW.

I played The Sims and Sims 2, but I never bought an expansion - there was plenty of content to supply me with more than enough gameplay, especially with modding. But if someone is putting in a lot of time into the game(s) and feels an expansion or two provides them with additional content they want, then why not buy it?

CMt.png

#6 Viexi

Viexi

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

True. I suppose I am mostly seeing it through my own eyes and not taking into perspective how others might see it.

I think the biggest problem for me is the feeling of incompleteness. I'm perfectly happy playing the base game when it first releases, but then come the expansions (usually while I'm short on money) and I'm behind again  :P And then it bothers me.

Ah, if only I didn't get so hooked on my uncles bootleg copy of Hot Date over a decade ago... And more importantly where did that time even go? Yikes!

I think I'll definitely be picking up The Sims 4 though. What impresses me the most so far is how Sims now display a much more dynamic range of emotions. I wonder how well EA will implement that mechanic?

Edited by Viexi, 27 August 2013 - 03:20 AM.

"I think we can put our differences behind us. For Science. You monster."

Posted Image

#7 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19314 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think I'll definitely be picking up The Sims 4 though. What impresses me the most so far is how Sims now display a much more dynamic range of emotions. I wonder how well EA will implement that mechanic?

Sorry I didn't post this the other day, but here's some info on how emotion is definitely the focus in Sims 4:

http://www.ign.com/a...emotional-depth

CMt.png

#8 Onion

Onion

OCC Lawyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4166 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

More previews!

Moderator note: you know better than to post images or post of F-Bombs....

Edited by dr_bowtie, 27 August 2013 - 06:05 PM.

Rig 1: Q9450 @ 4.0 â–º P45-UD3R â–º GTX 275 â–º 2 x 2 G Series â–º 2x Raptor 150 â–º Truepower Quattro 1kw â–º WC'd â–º 3d Aurora 570
Rig 2: Q6700 @ 4.0 â–º 780i â–º 8800 GTS 512 â–º 4 x 1 Tracers â–º 2 x 640GB AAKS â–º Corsair 650TX â–º Temp. Stock Cooling â–º Antec 900
Rig 3: E2200 â–º P35-DS3L â–º 2900 ICEQ â–º 2 x 1GB Ballistix â–º WD 320 â–º Antec Earthwatts 380 â–º Stock Cooling â–º Ultra Armor
Rig 4: E2160 â–º P35-DS3L â–º 8400 GT â–º 2 x 1GB ballistix â–º WD 320 â–º Antec Earthwatts 430 â–º Stock Cooling â–º Custom Case
OCC - Home of the Potato Overclock

#9 BluePanda

BluePanda

Lab Rat

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

I owned the first and second, was jealous when my mom got the third. Just got the third in the humble bundle...but don't think I'll be ready to pay what EA will want for the fourth right away. :P

#10 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19314 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

New "Create A Sim Official Gameplay Trailer":

That's just crazy levels of customization!

If I get this game, I can already tell my gameplay breakdown: 50% building, 30% Create A Sim, 20% actually playing.

CMt.png

#11 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

When life gives you lemons, eat them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3936 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

Very intuitive and more customizable, more games should use it

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.2Ghz
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8GB 1.48V 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Motherboard Asrock N68C-GS FX
Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Optical Disk Drive Sony Optiarc DVD/CD ReWriter
Power Supply Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze
Case Cooler Master CM690

#12 Black64

Black64

Black It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3295 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Cool, I had fun with the Sims 3. Should be fun!

Current System

[CPU]Intel Xeon W3670 (i7-970) @3.20Ghz---[CPU Cooling]Thermalright Silver Arrow---[MOBO]ASUS Rampage Gene III---[RAM]G-Skill Rip Jaws (24GB)(6x4GB)---[GPU]ASUS GTX 780 OC---[PSU]KingWin Lazar LZ-1000---[CASE]Bitfenix Colossus Venom Edition---[HDDs]WD Dives(6.5TB total storage) and Samsung 250GB SSD(boot)---[Monitors] 3X NEC 24" LCD2490WUXi ISP Panels and 1X Seiki 39" 4K monitor

PC Audio System (Speakers) Triad InRoom Silver's --- (DAC) Schiit Modi --- (AMP) Emotiva MiniX-a-100 --- (Headphones) Sennheiser Momentums and Paradigm H15NC --- (Headphone AMP) --- Schitt Magni