ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19377 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Does anyone play this?

Steam Link

Just got the game and played it for the first time....it does a really good job of telling you...absolutely nothing of what you're supposed to do :lol:. I guess that's the point, as it's a survival game, but I dunno, I still expected a tutorial or at the very least a screen with the controls! Nope, you're left to figure everything out on your own.

It's pretty cool and interesting so far, but I wish it had Steam Achievements so I'd know if I'm doing anything right. lol.

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#2 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8020 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

If you die a lot, then you're doing something right. :lol: At least that's what a friend told me about the game. There's a story mode for it on the way though, so just hang tight.

There's a story mode of sorts in the works, where you progress through a couple of increasingly difficult worlds to reach a conclusion. I would expect that most players would play through that to learn the game, and then play in a free-play mode (which is what people are playing currently).

From the Wiki here.

Intel Core i5 4690K - ASUS Z97-A - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
Mushkin Ridgeback 16GB DDR3-2133 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - Seagate 500GB + 750GB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Sennheiser HD-280 Pro + HD-555 - Thermolab BARAM 2010 - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
eUYPk97.png

#3 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • 20507 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

Looks interesting, $15 is a little steep though...I can get Mass Effect 3 for "free" right now and I have a host of other games I have to get to before that! If it was like $2.50 or something or had a free trial I'd check it out.

Music reminds me of World of Goo (good thing)

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970
Memory: Patriot 8GB 1600mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Razer Tarantula | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#4 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

When life gives you lemons, eat them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

Each update adds a lot of new features, plus it's fun. Imagine what it would be like if it had Co-Op.

Just try making a hat outta red butt beefalo :D

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.2Ghz
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8GB 1.48V 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Motherboard Asrock N68C-GS FX
Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Optical Disk Drive Sony Optiarc DVD/CD ReWriter
Power Supply Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze
Case Cooler Master CM690

#5 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • 19377 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

If you die a lot, then you're doing something right. :lol: At least that's what a friend told me about the game. There's a story mode for it on the way though, so just hang tight.

There's a story mode of sorts in the works, where you progress through a couple of increasingly difficult worlds to reach a conclusion. I would expect that most players would play through that to learn the game, and then play in a free-play mode (which is what people are playing currently).

From the Wiki here.

Interesting. Thanks for the info! I thought because the game was "officially released", it would be complete and not still a work in progress...but I did notice, when I launched the game, it mentioned an upcoming update that will add Caves, so it does seem they're constantly working on it.

Looks interesting, $15 is a little steep though...I can get Mass Effect 3 for "free" right now and I have a host of other games I have to get to before that! If it was like $2.50 or something or had a free trial I'd check it out.

Music reminds me of World of Goo (good thing)

During the pre-order phase, the game was available discounted (I believe $12) and it came with two copies. So my friend bought it and gave me his second copy.

Each update adds a lot of new features, plus it's fun. Imagine what it would be like if it had Co-Op.

Just try making a hat outta red butt beefalo :D

Yeah, co-op would be interesting.

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#6 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Looks like a good game but I haven't bothered with it yet. So many other games still need to get through and just not in a gaming mood lately anyway.

Posted Image