8 replies to this topic

#1 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19383 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

So as many of you know, I'm getting a Master's in Digital Game Design. One of my classmates is starting a new indie gaming company and is currently seeking beta testers for her first game, D.P. Laboratories. I told her I knew the perfect people to test the game - OCC!

D.P. Laboratories is a first-person 3D adventure game made with the Unity3D game engine.

If you'd like to play the beta, please PM me or Lauren for the link. This is a private beta test, exclusive to family, friends, and OCC!

As with any beta test, feedback is very much requested! There is a usability survey to complete after playing or you can obviously leave your comments in this thread. Lauren will be here to answer any questions you may have!

Lauren has thick skin, so be critical, but please be constructive. Show her why I love you guys ;)

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#2 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5269 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Any time limit for when she wants feedback by? I am game but have no time to game with my bday over the weekend. And stuff on the next few nights.

med_gallery_78215_532_67141.png

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#3 laurendperugini

laurendperugini

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Any time limit for when she wants feedback by? I am game but have no time to game with my bday over the weekend. And stuff on the next few nights.

That is totally fine. I'd like it by next week if you can. Thanks! Happy birthday by the way!

#4 hornybluecow

hornybluecow

I Am A Cow...

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5434 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I can be critical if required. I Pm you lauren

hbbanner.jpg

Filckr Photostream / Workstation Build Guide / How to Overclock an Intel 4770K Guide

Main Rig: i7-3930K @ 4.2ghz, Asus P9X79 WS, Quadro FX 4800, Intel 335 240 GB, Vertex 4 120 GB, Raid-1 2x 3 TB, 64 GB (8x8gb) G-skill, Thermaltake Core V71, SeaSonic Plat 1000watt.

Review Test Rig: : i7-4770k @ 4.2ghz, MSI-GD65 Gaming, Geforce GTX 770 , Corsair Force GT 240 GB, Patriot 16 GB 2400 (2x8gb), (Case always changing) Thermaltake 750w.

#5 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Just finished the game and survey, I really liked it. I admit though, I'm a bit bias since I enjoy adventure games like these anyway.

I do want to ask though, concerning the ending...

Spoiler

I forgot to mention this in my survey answers but I liked that you used your own area code in some of the phone numbers, small details/easter eggs/tip of the hat like that are a lot of what can make a game more fun or interesting I think. :D

Edited by Deathmineral, 31 January 2013 - 01:44 AM.

Posted Image

#6 laurendperugini

laurendperugini

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Just finished the game and survey, I really liked it. I admit though, I'm a bit bias since I enjoy adventure games like these anyway.

I do want to ask though, concerning the ending...

Spoiler

I forgot to mention this in my survey answers but I liked that you used your own area code in some of the phone numbers, small details/easter eggs/tip of the hat like that are a lot of what can make a game more fun or interesting I think. :D

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'll pm you about your question.

#7 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19383 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

That's why I messaged you directly on Steam...I knew it'd be your type of game! Not many people can have the patience for Dear Esther, let alone love it! :lol:

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#8 SpeedCrazy

SpeedCrazy

Life is one heck of a ride, so hang on tight!

• Folding Member
  • 3817 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Enjoying it, but i haven't figured it out yet. I feel like i missing something....

Fold for Team OCC

i7 930 @ 3.9 || Dual-SLI GTX 250 || ASUS P6X58D-E || 3x2GB G.Skill Pi @ 1600 || Corsair TX850w || 2x WD Caviar Black 500gb

#9 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Neat game. Submitted my results a bit ago and am looking forward to the full game!

I have the same question as Deathmineral concerning the end. :lol:

Intel Core i5 4690K - ASUS Z97-A - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
Mushkin Ridgeback 16GB DDR3-2133 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - Seagate 750GB + 1.5TB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Sennheiser HD-280 Pro + HD-555 - Sapphire Vapor-X CPU Cooler - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
eUYPk97.png