Bios Boot Logo's

Guest Tmod_merged

Ahh that is a negative, She no go.

Back to the drawing boards.

Tmod

hmmmm. Well, look at this. I've tested this one and it does work. But look how crappy it looks:

rdx.bmp

Any ideas? The PSD is in post 45.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm. Well, look at this. I've tested this one and it does work. But look how crappy it looks:

Well I tried some different things and none of my ideas worked.

I did place your file in a bios but you are right as the quality just isn't there.

I will keep trying different things and see what happens.

My graphic skills are in need of some serious help so I doubt I will be coming up with anything that works correctly using a image of the motherboard in it.

Tmod

I am more than willing to share mine, if you want, I think it came out mint. The low resolution required will probably keep you from ever getting your pic to look right. It's 16bit color required, correct?

I am more than willing to share mine, if you want, I think it came out mint. The low resolution required will probably keep you from ever getting your pic to look right. It's 16bit color required, correct?

8-bit (256 colors) :(

I can get it to come out looking a lot better in 8-bit and all the parameters right but for some reason it just won't work when I do it. All I did was replace all the pixels with that stupid purple color over the the dark brown that is already used in the image (meaning it is still a color from the 256 color pallet) and it's a big no go. I have no clue why not.

What Program are you using? When I use Paint Shop and try to save a bmp file it prompts for

1. Format......OS/2 or Windows

2. Encoding...RGB or Run length encoding

I used to mess around with boot logos on my Abit NF7-s v2.0, and I was having similar problems. I am pretty sure it had something to do with one of those settings.

Hi,

i tried to insert my own logo into the NF4 Ultra-D bios, always getting the not enough space error so i looked with cbrom into the file and wondered there is NO logo in it.

has anyone made custom bootlogo on ultra-d bios?

Hi,

i tried to insert my own logo into the NF4 Ultra-D bios, always getting the not enough space error so i looked with cbrom into the file and wondered there is NO logo in it.

There should be a module named Logo.bmp

There are restrictions on the colors and size of the boot logo, The basic rule of thumb is 640 x 480 256 color. But if you have a real busy logo then Cbrom can't compress it enough to fit in the bios and you will receive the not enough space message.

Tmod

What Program are you using? When I use Paint Shop and try to save a bmp file it prompts for

1. Format......OS/2 or Windows

2. Encoding...RGB or Run length encoding

I used to mess around with boot logos on my Abit NF7-s v2.0, and I was having similar problems. I am pretty sure it had something to do with one of those settings.

I use Photoshop, Paint, Paint.NET, and GIMP. Just depends on what I'm doing as to which I use.

Use Windows and make sure you use 8bit (256 colors). In photoshop you have to goto mode -> Indexed Color to change that.

I think the reason these are giving errors is that the bios has a specific palette that we must follow. I can't find any other reason. There are a few palettes that adobe cs has to offer, Windows, OS2, and some others.....the bios one could be any combination. I don't think there is a good way to find out either. Try using "Uniform" palette if you have that option. It seems to work best for me. That's how I got the RDX logo below to work finally. If I didn't put the mobo in greyscale then it would have changed to a bright blue color and looked really stupid when I put it on Uniform.

Hi,

Sure they have. I have and through this thread there were a few. Post your pic and what bios you want it to go in. We will see what we can do.

On a side note, I finally got that RDX logo I made to work. I put the motherboard in greyscale but kept the red glow around it. Makes for a kinda neat effect really :P. Again this seems to go along with my thought that it is the palette causing our problems.

grey.bmp

Here is 624-2 bios for the Sli-D/DR and Ultra-D/DR motherboards with the above logo integrated:

http://stealth17.com/hosting/files/1/624-2_rdxlogo.zip

-Jordan

Again this seems to go along with my thought that it is the palette causing our problems.

I know on the EPA images you must use the system palette but I guess we need to use the system on the Logo as well.

Tmod

I know on the EPA images you must use the system palette but I guess we need to use the system on the Logo as well.

Tmod

"Uniform" isn't the system palette though is it? I'm not sure what it is really.

EDIT: "The Uniform palette specifies a set of colors uniformly distributed throughout color space. This palette only exists for 8, 27, 64, 125 and 216 colors and so the number you specify in the depth parameter may be reduced to accomodate this."

I tried it again and now it worked.

it seems that my bmp was a littlebit to complex for cbrom

But if you have a real busy logo then Cbrom can't compress it enough to fit in the bios and you will receive the not enough space message.

this was the right suggetion. THX :)