what is causing the problem?

I bought a AMD NF4 system when the venice's and san deigos came out.

I put the system together and flashed the bios and set the memeory settings as suggested for ocz VX memory.

All went fine for about a week (8-12 hrs load per day) and then i started to get crashes all the time in WOW and even windows.

Now as i just started playing i got addicted and went back to my old P4 northwood system.

I bought an Enermax Noisetaker 600W EG701AX-VE for the AMD system and used it on my old P4 one and found that the older system would now crash and randomly reboot, so i swapped back the old psu and it was fine again.

This has gone on long enough i have new hardware doing nothing and tonight i put it back together and managed to install windows ok without problems, however is was keep getting an error refering to nvata and the system would reboot when transferring files from another HDD.

Could this all be down to just a faulty PSU or is the mobo perhaps now damaged?

xp3700+

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR rv 2 510 bios for BH5

OCZ VX 4000 (used in the older system so i know it works fine)

Enermax Noisetaker 600W EG701AX-VE

XFX 6800GT

I bought the psu for the amd 64 system as my older one wouldn't have been able to cope so that is the only psu i have used with the amd system, however i'm pretty sure it made my P4 system unstable as it suffered from random reboots installing windows and when i changed back to the older psu it was fine again.

Hello,

Have you plugged all 4 power connectors into the board?

(You must)

And what memory voltage are yoiu using? (3.2v - 3.2v for 2-2-2-X)

Any overclocking?

@toastyone,

What do you have your bios configured at in regards to the memory at the moment?

Do you have the 510-2fix bios installed? Have you tried the yellow slots for the memory?

Try a configuration like this:

In Genie Bios

auto

16 16

disable

1.450v

1.300V

above VID 113%

1.30v

1.70v

3.3V

Dram Config

enable

auto

enabled

auto

Level 8

Level 2

8ns

normal

6ns

disable

Also...as Sharp mentioned...make sure all 4 power connectors are plugged into the mobo.

All four connectors were in the board of course and the memory was in the orange slots and the timings were the same as the ones posted as i had followed other guides when setting up memory for this board.

The bios was 510-2 for BH5 memory