Received my TwinMos - What Did I Get????

Okay, I posted a few weeks ago regarding TwinMos UTT, and got information regarding what to look for. Well, I thought I knew what I was buying, but here is what showed up:

TwinMos PC3200 CL2.5 512 MB DDR_DIMM (2 of these)

Part Number: M2G9J16A8ATT9F081CADT

Model Number: M2G9J16A-TT

Now, as I recall, I was told to make sure that the part number ended in AA4T, IIRC. The picture from the auction showed a p/n ending in AA4T.

So, what do I have, and is there any hope for it on my Ultra Infinity?

scroll down this link, on the post with the list of memories if you look at the twinmos ones, its saying it would be the "powerchips 5ns 0.11nm

this is all I could find doing a google with your part# or the model#

Here at this link also confirms it should be a powerchip

Shinobi had some CADT,if you do a forum search in 32bit section you'll pull up quite a bit of info on them

Did you get them on ebay,those pics they show can be deceiving,I thought I was getting a xp-m2600 IQYHA 0351 and I actually got a new IDYHA 0503

and the seller was someone who I will not deal with again. Had to contact PayPal and put him on hold before he would ship.

Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they did not match the picture, although I had contacted the seller to have him verify the part number, and his replay was that it was whatever was in the picture. Oh well.

Thanks for the heads up on Shinobi's posts on CADT - I will take a look at them, and will probably try this memory out to see what it will do. At least it should be faster than the Crucial I am using right now.

I hate to say it....but..

Stop buying off Ebay.....It's pointless....people lie and are desievers....they are out there to make money selling whatever they can....if they are selling something cheaper than you can buy it at a retail online store...well there is a reason for that... If the product they were selling you worked that good for them they wouldn't sell it to you especially at a discounted price...

They would put it in a drawer and keep it for a back-up spare...I always do! I epecially do not buy anything Electronic of ebay...because you get no warranty!!!

Buy it online at a reputable retailer and spend the extra 5-10 dollars at least if it's not what you want you can either return it, rma it, or just get something else...

As in your case the seller probly had the sticks you were trying to purchase and put that picture in his add just to unload those other sticks on you....This happens alot...

I've bought 11 sticks of ram off ebay,mostly BH5 which is hard to find since it's out of production and they have all worked exactly as advertised.

The xp-m2600 I bought is the one in the OCDB that is stable at 2640Mhz and I've run lots of benches at 2.7Ghz with

There are lots of ppl upgrading all the time and fund their next purchase by selling current components on ebay,not saying you can't get burnt,but as always,caveat emptor

I have the CADT. The highest I could achieve was 245 stable. I have to use the following settings to get it that high. 3.0v, 2.5 ,4,4,8 and disable CPC. I just did this for testing. I use the NF4 ultra-D however. I don't know anything about your board. Just wanted to let you know what I was able to achieve. Everyone is having trouble running them at different CAS speeds. I managed to get mine to run at 1.5,2.0, and 2.5 at factory defaults. I had to give it 3v to do so. Well good luck.

i buy and sell guitars on the bay all the time, without a hitch, i also bought this infinity off the bay, FWIW its my lack of the knowing the bios well enought to tweak it out right and not having the best selection of ram is holding me back, once I got the board to post its been pretty solid, and I have bought alot of other things off the bay as well. I have also sold alot, I always start my auctions at 1 dollar, and I never place a reserve :) I also dont inflate shipping costs and try to estimate to the nearest whole dollar what it will be, if it winds up costing me more then it eats into my profits. If it costs less I always reimburse the seller the difference. In fact I just sold another Ibanez a while back and guessed it would be 25 dollars to ship, wound up costing me 45 because the winning bidder lived further away than I had anticipated. So I lost 20 dollars, oh well. There are good sellers still out there. Theres also plenty bad ones. I have been burnt a few times. Its all part of the gamble.

Yup. CPC Off is the only way to go with that stuff... I used to run mine at 227mhz 2.5,3,3,8 with 2.9v for everyday usage. Mine definitely benefited from a bit of a burn in... Its ok for cheap stuff, just a shame it wouldn't run CPC On my nForce2.

Performance wise, i don't think its that great and CPC Off is a killer... Theres a HUGE difference between my CADT @ 227mhz and my OCZ BH-5 @ 227mhz.

How high could you get your Crucial? Some of that Crucial performs great, even at a lower CAS, its just a shame it doesn't all overclock that well...

And i forgot to add, when i switched from the Crucial to that Twinmos Powerchip CADT i saw quite a drop in performance at the same clock, even though the CADT was Cas 2.5 and the Crucial Cas 3... CADT aint the best performing ram available, hopefully you'll be able to make up for that with a decent overclock...