Not getting a video signal after restarts

Whenever I try to restart my computer I cant get a video signal. I hear my hard drive spinning so it sounds like it is booting up I just cant see it. But if I shut it down for like ten minutes then everything boots up fine.

I have updated to a current bios,623, and have not tweaked any voltages or anything in the bios.

On a less distressing note, I am also having trouble connecting to the internet. I have all the chipset drivers that came on the dfi disk installed and have the nividia firewall up. I dont have a router and my broadband connection is through comcast.

Please help this poor nub.

I have resolved my internet issue but the no video on restart problem does not look like its going to go away. I only made two power connections to the motherboard. The main power cable plus the little 12 v guy. I am not using a floppy drive so i didnt hook that power cable up and I am powering my sata drive directly from the ps using the sata connector. Am I wrong in thinking that I didnt need those two connections made?

I will try the bios setting next time I get the chance.

souns like my "cold boot" issues I had, and then they got worse....:( try setting RAM to low voltages and timings and see if it makes a diff...

BTW, how many red lights are lit up when it hangs? 3?

I have resolved my internet issue but the no video on restart problem does not look like its going to go away. I only made two power connections to the motherboard. The main power cable plus the little 12 v guy. I am not using a floppy drive so i didnt hook that power cable up and I am powering my sata drive directly from the ps using the sata connector. Am I wrong in thinking that I didnt need those two connections made?

I will try the bios setting next time I get the chance.

You should have all 4 power connectors hooked up,

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...70&postcount=10

Das, First go ahead and connect all 4 power connections to this motherboard as already suggested. I do not think it is a cold boot issue. As I understand it this is an issue with some ram set at the high dram voltage settings. So what do you have your dram voltage set to? You my have this set too low for your ram.

Whenever I try to restart my computer I cant get a video signal. I hear my hard drive spinning so it sounds like it is booting up I just cant see it. But if I shut it down for like ten minutes then everything boots up fine.

I have updated to a current bios,623, and have not tweaked any voltages or anything in the bios.

On a less distressing note, I am also having trouble connecting to the internet. I have all the chipset drivers that came on the dfi disk installed and have the nividia firewall up. I dont have a router and my broadband connection is through comcast.

Please help this poor nub.

I have the same issue, but not all the time.

The computer boots fine. When it finishes loading Windows, I just have to turn my monitor off then on again, and it will work fine.

It has happened with my 4000 Gold VX at 3.5V, as well as my TCC5 at 2.78V... I don't know what could be causing it.

I have basically learned to live with it, as everything I have tried hasn't helped. But I haven't tried the setting video to PCI-E suggested by CPU-Z...

I can't try it right now, because my monitor has just crapped out... all distorted and corrupted even when DVI cable removed from it. The "no signal" screen is just a big black mess with a bit of color jumping around. :confused:

Sorry I can't give you any better advice...

Well it seems having all four plugs did the trick. I have been stable all day, restarted many times and not a single problem. My computer is running absolutely beautiful. Thanks for getting me through it guys. Your time was so appreciated you dont even know it. I am very happy with the end result and cant wait to really see what this board can do.