Pc Hangs when installing game

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this time I don't think its a PSU problem!

I don't think that its wrong to get that PSU bc it still removes one possible snag and U are underpowered but i think this is a driver issue or possibly a memory issue?

Have U run memtest, are U stable?

Have u run Prime95 are U stable?

Are u using nVidias IDE driver? - If so rollback to Windows generic.

Are u using nVidia firewall - If so disable. On 6.66 it seems to be wreacking havoc on the IDE drivers.

What Graphic drivers are u using?

Make sure you have the latest firmware for your CD/DVD drive installed. For example, a Samsung TS-H552B DVD drive ships with firmware version TS02. That one causes a BSOD when you try to install DVD Writer software. Upgrading to firmware version TS10 (the current version at time of writing) fixes the problem.

Firmware upgrades are usually available on the manufacturer's site.

I've tried everything, enabling and disabling nVidia Firewall, installing and uninstalling IDE drivers and anything worked :(

I didnt try memtest I'll do it now just to be sure.

As I'll check the DVD firmawares.

I have the lastest nVidia Video Drivers.

I thought it was a Driver thing as well at first, but after trying lots and lots of permutaions (firewall/no firewall- ide/no ide . 6.66 and 6.53 - nVida Network/Marvel oone - fresh install on Sata/Fresh install on IDE and so on I dont really know what could be wrong)

But the crashes are just so random, and now I've seen them happening when I was just surfing the web too.

I've ordered the PSU, so at least I'll be safe with that.

That sounds like RAM to me... Random craches is very often RAM... And now do Memtest first and then download Prime 95 or OCCt and run to check stability.

If U fail those tests tell us where and we might be able to tell U whats wrong. Then once we get that sorted its time for a new format to load a uncorrupted windows :dog:

Well this time I don't think its a PSU problem!

Are u using nVidias IDE driver? - If so rollback to Windows generic.

Are u using nVidia firewall - If so disable. On 6.66 it seems to be wreacking havoc on the IDE drivers.

What Graphic drivers are u using?

even if i aint his psu, the psu he has now aint good enough anyway, and no he isnt underpowered he simple doesnt have enough amp. it isnt the ide driver, i doubt it is the firewall, i havent seen any one claiming the 6.66 driver sucks, tho i cant use them myself since i got nf3 mobo.

i agree i could be a memory issue but we will see the result in some days asap he has his new psu :P