best "bang for buck" ram?

Kamel

the topic pretty-much says it all. looking at trying to get the best bang for the buck ram if i can. i have a strong preference to OCZ because of their warranty services.

what do you suggest? (looking for 2x512) of course, keeping in mind the higher the overclocks the better, if i can get 300mhz off of it that would pwn lol

the specs don't exist yet unfortunately, lol

i am going to try and get one of those new newark cores (sandiego cores in s754 clothing)..

yea, it's not going to be on my nf2 lol.

From what Ive been reading and personal exp

Done:

OCZ PC3200 GOLDS ($137) 200mhz 2-2-2-5 @ 2.9v // 230mhz 2-2-2-7 @ 3.2v

Seen:

240-260mhz 2-2-2-7/8 @ 3.4 / 3.5v

The ram is pretty good, but needs a adjustable psu and volts to get higher mhz. If your not afraid of high volts, its a pretty good choice

OCZ Platinum Revision ($167 1G kit)

Done

310mhz 2.5-4-3-7 @ 2.9 Its a single 512 TCCD 512 stick.

I would have gone with another set of Plat Rev.2, but Ive read the venices dont get alone with TCCD/TCC5. Check what over Newark users are using :nod:

GL

Think about what cpu you might get so you"ll know the highest multi.. You could always use a divider but imo 1:1 is always better if possible.. Plus higher multi is nice and gives you more flexibility when OC'n..

I'd go with the OCZ EL Platinum Rev 2 stuff. I've been getting some really nice clocks with it. Been using it for a while on a couple different systems and It's been good every time! :) 2,2,2,5 defaults @ 200 and can hit 300 easy at 3,4,3,8 and even @ 2.5,4,3,7 with some tweaking. Max voltage I've used sofar is 2.9v over that and I'm not seeing improvements.

O.

thanks for all of your comments... i actually have been looking at this stuff. i don't know hardly anything about ddr2, so i don't have a clue if it's any good, or even compatible with the 64bit motherboards :confused:. i hope i'm not out of line by asking here, i did do a search first, which gave me 1.5 pages of irrelevant results.

anyway, this is what i'm looking at: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227043

it seems very decently priced considering the fact that it's got such great speeds @ 1gb stick. if i got it, i would run at 1gb, then later on add a second stick for 2gb.

another small question, does nf2 support ddr2? as in, does it run just like normal ram would, or would the board need to be "ddr2 compatible"?

thanks for your help and advice so far.