What Type Of Ram Should I Get

im trying to uprgade my comp since right now im running a atholon xp 1800 with 512 266 ddr and a geforce 4 ti 4400 to a pentium 4 2.4 fsb 800 with the asus p4c-800 delux with the asus V9900 fx 5800 but i cant seem to make up my mind on what ram i should get i was thinking about the GeIL Golden Dragon DDR 512MB 433MHz Model GD3500-512 what you guys think i should get? i want to be able to get the best ram for overclocking and run stable

get AMD :D not pentium 4 :( i had golden dragon pc3200 set and it was pretty good but if you are willing to spend the extra cash I heard mushkin is the best and corsair is pretty good too

If you're looking to run your memory in synch with your FSB then I would get some top of the line PC3700. If you're bent on getting the golden dragon then just get the PC3700 version. OCZ Gold is also good stuff.

shady i was thinking about getting amd but look at the benchmarks the atholon xp series sucks compared to the pentium 4 i want to have my comp ready for doom 3 and half life 2

i think ALOT of people would back me up when I say AMD blow p4's away

this is a benchmark i did a while ago. this is amd 2500+ slightly overclocked to a 2800+ with only stock heatsink and fan and shi@ty pc2100 ram. look at it beat the p4 2.4ghz and pretty much beat the p4 2.66 all for a cpu that costs 90 bucks retail or maybe even less now.

p.s. i am not trying to start the ever so familiar intel vs. AMD war just giving you some facts to think of

Edited by shadyone

Man stop trying to brainwash people. AND I WILL POINT OUT THE FLAW OF YOUR EXPERIMENT YET AGAIN. A 2800+ athlon should beat a p4 2.66 because AMD's PR system states that it should have comparable performance to that of a 2.8 ghz P4. And remember...P4's can be OC'ed too, so why don't you compare it to a 2.4 that's OC'ed to a 2.8?

Guest MetalMilitia18

heh, this is kinda off subject here, but where did you get that skin for windows shady? or whatever that is. that's tight, and is there a place where i could get different ones? that'd be awesome, thanks.