ATI Gurus

Shinobi

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you compared vs the catalyst with control panel it might be faster, don't quote me on that though.

Well i noticed i get higher results by a couple of hundred points with some of the Asus Drivers too, over the 5.7's...

Its not set faster with the Omegas no, its clocked exactly the same. Its probably because the drivers are already tweaked to an extent.

These 9600XT's are very nice cards, a lot better than i was expecting.

So, where do they rate in that ATI Range/Generation? About the same as a 9700Pro?

It runs cooler than i expected too. GPU is currently at 30°C and Memory at 32°C.

I know some of these 9600 cards won't run correctly if you disable Fast Writes yet with most of these ATI's its recommended to run with Fast Writes disabled, especially so on nForce2... so i thought i'd just try it enabled. I did seem to get slightly higher benchmark scores but got some weird Jerking when benchmarking in 3DMark2001SE.

I haven't tested it out yet, but i'm thinking this card won't like the low AGP Latencies like my Nvidia did... My Nvidia card loved a 16ms Latency and it definitely gave it a nice little boost.

NP is just a pro without the clocks

ie: 9500NP might be 250/250 but the 9500Pro was something like 275/275 or even 300/300 (but only 4 pipes until you modded the NP, which gave it 8 pipes, and blammo you clocked it up to 310/310 and it was a 9700Pro)

same with 9800...NP was something like 350/375 and the Pro was 400/425 but it was still the same card

last i checked the 9600XT was just a 4 pipe gpu with a LOT of clock speed