more help required

brand new dfi sli-dr motherboard arrived today.

jumper set to clear cmos before everything was installed.

installed new m'board in pc casing.

installed one corsair 512mb chip in dimm2

installed xfx nvidia 6600gt 256mb (top slot pci express)) single action

cpu - amd 64 3500+ installed in board + fan - correctly installed (gold arrow matching embossed arrow on m'board mount)

little bit of thermal paste added for good measure.

checked all jumpers/ cables, jumper set 'off' of clear cmos mode.

turned it on - F*** all onscreen again WTF!!!! :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i ordered this board to replace the sli-d board and nothing f*king works again!

i don't what is going on and why it is f*king up someone help!!??

i tried a very old pci gfx card in a pci slot to see if it was the pci-e card messing up but it just went nuts at it and beeped like a crazy mofo.

this new board is displaying the same as the other sli-d i had 3 lights only.

i dont think the gfx card is faulty nor the cpu, i checked the cpu for any signs of pyshical damage and nothing.

i think it could be power possibly... i hav a tegan 580w which is plenty.

tg530-u22 580w

i made sure i plugged all the power lead connectors in correctly! checked this loads of times.

the only thing im not sure about with the connectors is i hav blue 4pin connector on the psu to plug into the board but it doubles up as an 8pin connector.. one says P4 on it and the other says P4+ i dont know which one to use, i assume they are the same thing, if anyone knows difference please say??

also where the m'board, has plugs on it for hdd/ and floppy do u need to plug separate molex connectors directly into the devices as well as being plugged in directly on the board? this isnt made clear anywhere and i can only again assume u would need to plug in power directly to the devices as well?

other than i dunno wtf is going on with it!

Hello,

The P4 connector is the one that plugs into the 4Pin ATX slot board near the 24pin ATX connector.

Yes you need to plug the Hard drive/floppy molex connectors into the board.

These connectors are for the board, nothing to do with the hard drive/floppy drive.

So you will need to plug some power connectors to your drives too.

Also the ATX connector with the detachable bit, that must plug into the ATX slot,

Make sure you use all 24pins. (detachable is part of the ATX connector.)

the 24 pin connecter, the 4 pin connecter, the molex, and floppy connecter above the PCI-e slots all need to be connected.

still doesnt help me tho it aint workin :confused:

there must b a problem with the cpu its the only explanation...

nothing on screen, monitor just flashes its got no connection, ive got two dvi- convertor leads (dvi - vga) coz its a vga monitor tried in both dvi ports on the gfx card nothing.

the m'board flips its lead if u plug the pci-e gfx in the 2nd pci-e port....

its either the cpu or the ruddy gfx card thats the problem, just wished i had some other way to test them but i dont :confused:

jumper set to clear cmos before everything was installed.

this new board is displaying the same as the other sli-d i had 3 lights only.

Did you set the clear cmos jumper back?

If you are getting 3 LED diagnostic lights, then this is telling you the CPU has been detected, but the RAM has not. Try moving the RAM to the other slots, and then try the other RAM module in each of the slots separately.

Otherwise, you should recheck all four power connections and you may want to try a basic install outside the case on the foam that came with the motherboard to make sure there isn't a short of any kind.

Did you set the clear cmos jumper back?

If you are getting 3 LED diagnostic lights, then this is telling you the CPU has been detected, but the RAM has not. Try moving the RAM to the other slots, and then try the other RAM module in each of the slots separately.

Otherwise, you should recheck all four power connections and you may want to try a basic install outside the case on the foam that came with the motherboard to make sure there isn't a short of any kind.

Done done and done, cmos jumper moved to cleared and pulled the bios batt.

I tried ram in all 4 slots makes no difference, nothing on screen also i tried two different types of ram some pc2100 ram had going i kno it aint great but it was worth a try didnt detect it though.

:confused:

Guest Joalaielna

Have you tried the safe boot Jumper? page 8 in your manual. It's down by the bios chip.

welcome to the wonderful world of high end overclocking equipment. stock up on your shipping supplies, preferably get a fedex account. have fun. since this is the "official" dfi forum, i will give you some expert help. did you clear your cmos? jk

very truly yours,

politenessman

welcome to the wonderful world of high end overclocking equipment. stock up on your shipping supplies, preferably get a fedex account. have fun. since this is the "official" dfi forum, i will give you some expert help. did you clear your cmos? jk

very truly yours,

politenessman

i have now sucessfully identifed the problem - :)

took it down my local pc repair shop very nice guys.

had a quick lot at it, changed the gfx card worked perfectly.

= Very Bad Pci-Express Gfx Card completely f*cked somehow :drool:

- gotta about another 4 days wait before I get the system up and running due to the RMA process etc...

Its not all bad, kicked off about it and am getting a free upgraded gfx card leadtek 256mb 6800gt awesome! :cool: :nod:

cheers for help ppl...