DFI-nF4U400S-AL bios/setup photos

56K warning!!!!!!!!!

well i got playahs [cpu] in and am setting everything up now, got some photos and will get more if requested.

here is what i have:

setup:

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

Bios:

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpgdimm only goes up to 2.9v, unlike the 3.3v i thought before :D.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i got playahs [cpu] in and am setting everything up now.

I hope you said your farewells to it playah, CPU Killers got it now :shake:

Lol, only joking Charles :tooth:

Thanks for posting those. Its pretty different to the Bios on these boards. That looks similar to the Bios on that old MSI NFII i got for my nephew.

The CPU still goes upto 2.0v though doesn't it? Which is good :)

You don't have many options for the timings at all do you. Is that all it has, T(RAS), T(RCD), T(RP) & Cas Latency? With it only going up to 2.9v you'd probably be best with some TCCD, TCC5, BT-D43 or Crucial Ballistix Micron sticks even...

Whats MCPS(Media & Communications Processors?) Voltage, Chipset? Mine starts at 1.6v and goes up to 1.9v.

MCPS is the chipset i think, it starts at 1.5 to 1.9 (1.5 stock). cpu does hit 2v.

BTW i got this WEIRD error i have never seen EVER!

IMG_0340.jpg

that was after install a fresh copy of XP and after the "restarting your computer" message.

any clues? would bios settings have anything to do with it? its not the cpu i know because mobiles are known good in this board with the right bios tweaks (at least for me they are). im in a position where i cant rember any of the settings i had it set at though :nod:

You don't have many options for the timings at all do you. Is that all it has, T(RAS), T(RCD), T(RP) & Cas Latency?

Reminds of an Abit NF2 MB

I hope you said your farewells to it playah, CPU Killers got it now

We had a long talk and she said I didn't love her no more like I used too,said I was too busy playin w/other floozies (she's kinda jealous of the xp-m2600's) and only let her run on test MB's or backup rigs.

I told her about Charlie and his bad reputation,but she was adamant about leaving,she said it didn't even matter that she would have to stay in a DFI-nF4U400S-AL .(I know she's lying about that, thinks she can talk him into a LP B)

I hope the poor dear wasn't suicidal(She did have a little gleam in her eye when I told her about Charlie's rep)

Sounds like it. Poor Charlie :(

There may be hope for her yet though :D Charlie, i'd check your Ram and Bios Settings, check the board for any possible damage(like leaking capacitors etc)... Have you run Memtest?

Charlie,Charlie are you there,your absence is quite conspicuous,you're not destroying more defenseless computer parts are you?No,No,stay away from the microwave,that's not the answer!!

:shake: no she is up and in Windows now, turns out RAID had something to do with it, i didnt think that was the problem but it works now. until the laping kit comes in and since i have no TIM (using home brew stuff, does the job) im not going to push her anything past the speed in the bios screenie. temps hover in the low 50*s at idle and hit 67 at max under, but hey, the XP laptops in wallmart run hotter than that :nod: . only 80% of the core is in contact with the heatsink, an area about the size of a T-Bred core. im packing her all up back in the case now thats its running and waiting on the kit. i wont be here til mabye 6Pm tommorrow cause got a 366 mile round trip to get my braces worked on :tooth: .

I hope the poor dear wasn't suicidal(She did have a little gleam in her eye when I told her about Charlie's rep).

Sounds like it. Poor Charlie

There may be hope for her yet though Charlie, i'd check your Ram and Bios Settings, check the board for any possible damage(like leaking capacitors etc)... Have you run Memtest?

i thought it was ram too, but its been in anti static bags so couldnt be dead, ran memtest 1 pass and decided it was a waste of time with no errors. i took my HDD out of raid, installed windows and BAM, works like a charm

that cooljag heatsink (slightly moded with an 80mm) is quite the preformer, and dont worry about the cpu killing heatsink (R.I.P. 2600 :angel: ) cause its been destroyed by the trash compactor, just a twisted HOLLLOW ( :confused: ) heatpipe, which makes me wonder after looking at it, where is all the weight come from?

well im throwing a quick post before i head off, here are some benchies ive run at 200x11 @ 1.65v ram 1:1 cas 2.5-3-3-7, still have most bios settings left at failsafe defaults so i dont expect them to rock... will tweak when i get back:

3d01se.jpg

san2.jpg

san.jpg

temps according to speedfan temps hovered in the 55° area, pretty god for a coroded, unlaped heatsink using homemade TIM.

the northbridge also got pretty darn warm, felt like 70+, actualy burned me. south bridge just as warm, what gives, voltages are at stock 1.5v :confused: .

any way every thing is stable (who says mobile wont run in this board???) just need to tweak the bios and find out what settings make the mobile run, then mabye we can help other peoples with the mobile wont run problem with this board :cool:

did you guys lose interest in my progress :confused:

ive got the bios tweaked now to the best i can get it with my noobish experience, here are the results at 200x12 2.5-3-3-7:

2400.jpg

so you know what the temps belong to in the screenie i will label them:

temp1:Case

temp2:Northbridge

temp:CPU diode

HD0: 1st WD harddisk

HD1:2nd WD harddisk

my ram must be burnt in as i can run it cas 2.5 now at 200mhz, which is good :D.

i have to re DL prime95 later, then i will test it. found out this morning that my laping kit was shiped from alabama the day before, so should be here when i get back from my appointment, cant wait to real push this thing :D.