DFI-nF4U400S-AL bios/setup photos

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now i feel noobish, TIM???? not familar with that term

You noob Jeremy, you don't know TIM??? Hes an overclockers best friend.

Arctic TIM is my favourite, Shinetsu TIM aint bad either. Just make sure you stay away from that Generic TIM, hes a bad un...

oh even though its 2pm i just woke up :D.

with everest i have found that temp2 is the cpu diode in speedfan, confirmed by bios. so last night my max temp with the case closed @ 2330Mhz @ 1.7v was 67°C before i switched it off.

im not going to get very stable overclocks off this thing, main reason that all rails were jittering all over the charts.

about the bios moding im for it here, i have a spare bios chip i will hot flash to, im no noob to hot flashing so we can go at it. i look foward to it.

i dont know what chips those sticks are, here are the numbers:

V58C2256804SAT5B

this $14 heatsink is a good preformer for its price, i primed it last night was not stable at 200x11 until i reached the 1.75v mark, looking at the speed fan chart even the VCore was all over the place, im going to need a new one of those for sure. im going to try and flash the infinity bios today to my spare chip, i will come back with the results.

You noob Jeremy, you don't know TIM??? Hes an overclockers best friend.

Arctic TIM is my favourite, Shinetsu TIM aint bad either. Just make sure you stay away from that Generic TIM, hes a bad un...

oh I know the stuff, been hooked on AS since 3, using 5 currently, I havent used the white stuff in a long while, the first thing I do when I get ahold of something new is bust out the 91% rubbing alchohol and cotton swabbies :) I just never heard it referred to as TIM, I always have and heard it called heatsink grease :)

Charlie, looking pretty good I would say as well for a 14 dollar sink

:D

if im understanding you correctly, you are going to try a new psu too?

im going to try and flash the infinity bios today to my spare chip, i will come back with the results.
GL :angel:

Yeah goodluck! comp26.gif :tooth:

I hope it works lol! If your gonna do that then i think the LanParty A Bios may have been a better choice Charlie... The SATA on your board is different to these aint it? So you could end up screwing up your SATA RAID controller...

i have a problem, the "spare" is a 2m chip, the U400S is a 4M chip :tooth: .

have my orignal bios back in now and all is fine.

guess i might as well invest in a bios saviour, what type do i get? i see about 20 of'em :nod:

guess i should try a lanpotty A bios instead after hearing that :rolleyes:

Yeah just wait Charlie and get a Bios Saviour. In the meantime i'll see about trying to mod a Bios for you, and see how i go. You can be my Guinea Pig :tooth:

lol, i love experements like these, this will be fun. i can most likly get the savior this tuesday, im fixing a laptop and the woman says she has more than $50 in mind so mabye i will get a little more, have $110 now, may be a good time to get a savior and a PSU in one swift snatch :D

running now at 200x10 1.5v. going to put a major load at 225x11 1.8v and take some shots of the flux in my rails, its crazy :D