DFI-nF4U400S-AL bios/setup photos

did you use AS on the hsf? a few power cycles should cure it and be good, make sure your shim is on correctly, it will cause it to not be flat if wrong, i found that out by accident, what is the ambient temp of the room? have you adequate airflow in the case? just a few suggestions, but suspecting the ram is your problem

ram does explain the Oc problem, but not temps :P , i have used both the included AS5, thermal right stuff and as ceramique, same result. the last temps where the case was at 24°C and cpu 50+ i had a small deskfan blowing cool air from the AC in it. i have reseated it and even took the shim off (for a quick run, no cracks :D) same result. i remembered a post saying that there was a liqued sound in the heatpipes, i have that too. so i realy dont know...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liquid sound? this is the first i have ever heard of that one? do you think its defective maybe, is that what you are saying? I dunno sir, if your running this out in the open like the pics in the first part of this particular post I cant see why it would be so high? what did the bottom of the sink look like, where there any major nicks or dings possibly? mine came pretty clean, I didnt even bother lapping, just wondering if maybe yours might have gotten warped or something, does it appear to be flat with few machine marks?

liquid sound? this is the first i have ever heard of that one? do you think its defective maybe, is that what you are saying? I dunno sir, if your running this out in the open like the pics in the first part of this particular post I cant see why it would be so high? what did the bottom of the sink look like, where there any major nicks or dings possibly? mine came pretty clean, I didnt even bother lapping, just wondering if maybe yours might have gotten warped or something, does it appear to be flat with few machine marks?

as shinobi posted it normal for that sound.

my heatsink bottom is actualy very smoots, looks to be sanded past 1000grit.

its not a problem with heat transfer, the base is plenty hot, while the top of the heatpipes are barely warm. i have it at 200x10 1.5v now until i get better ram and sort this problem out. this weekend im taking the fan off and exposing it to the 15°C air that my AC likes to push :D

GOOD NEWS!

i can now run rock solid with APIC 1.4 enabled in bios, thanks to this thread:

http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=...78entry479278

things respond a bit better now and its doing constant loops in aquamark now, which it wouldnt even load before with it on :D

APIC 1.4 is default, why was you running 1.1? Have you tried it disabled completely?