WTF is up with VCORE

well if any of you have been following my other thread, I have finally got my rig up and runnin. I have since been working on lowering the vcore to a more reasonable setting then 1.350 + 126%. Now in doing this I have noticed that if you calculate out the settings you come up with one value, reboot and go back into the BIOS you get another value, and then once you boot to winXP SmartGuardian reports another value yet

IE:

1.300 + 126% = 1.638

1.600 - BIOS

1.58 - SmartGuardian

1.275 + 126% = 1.6065

1.57 - BIOS

1.55 - SmartGuardian

WTF is up with this and what am I supposed to believe??? I am assuming that there are vcore checkpoints on the mobo itself that I can check with my DMM but I haven't looked into it yet. Are they hard to get at and can someone point me to where I can find them????

Guest dacris

Please look into it... I'd like to know as well. My mobo does the exact same thing. I set it to 1.5V x 110% (1.65V) for instance and BIOS reads 1.63V, CPU-Z reads 1.6V.

nobody knows anything on this.............??????????

HAHA I just asked the same question, I tend to stand by my BIOS. But there really needs to be a better way we can monitor this without having to leave our DMM plugged in 24/7. Thats one way to monitor. lol

-Freez

Guest burningrave101

I'm curious to know if the DFI board undervolts the vCore and if so by how much.

I'm curious to know if the DFI board undervolts the vCore and if so by how much.

I am still curious to know if anyone actually knows anything about this or not........ I am guessing seeing as how I cannot get a response to this. I would especially like to know FROM DFI THEMSELVES about this situation. I understand that the +%'s over VID aren't an exact calculation or anything but it does vary too greatly to leave it out of the equation.

Guest burningrave101
Wasn't there an issue with VCore working at specific +12X%? I'm not 100% sure, but look it up.

Thats only with the beta 704 BIOS.

I've heard that you shouldn't set the VID past 1.45V though because the CPU will adjust it back down to 1.45V. You can supposedly fool the CPU though by using a VID value of 1.45V or less + VID Special to get your higher voltage. Thats what one of the reps from OCZ told me anyways.