AWD Flash Process

I need a simple explanation of BIOS Flashing with AWD Flash. I have had no luck finding anything comprehensible using search function, in fact, I have been unable to find a good explanation of flashing utilizing any method. Explanations I have found seem to concentrate on how to reset the BIOS after flashing, as opposed how to flash. I cannot find anything relating to AWD on the DFI site itself, and little of any use using Google either. I would guess that what I'm looking for is already posted somewhere, but I can't find it.

in fact, I have been unable to find a good explanation of flashing utilizing any method. Explanations I have found seem to concentrate on how to reset the BIOS after flashing, as opposed how to flash. I cannot find anything relating to AWD on the DFI site itself, and little of any use using Google either. I would guess that what I'm looking for is already posted somewhere, but I can't find it.

Try these:

http://www.lejabeach.com/Guide/awardbios.html

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/ma...ios-update.html

Review your search strategy. I just searched DFI-Street for AWDFLASH and came up with >5 pages of stuff.

You're best off with DiamondFlash if using a factory BIOS. At the DFI site, for your board, look at BIOS section and then for the DiamondFlash explanation.

Thanks Sharp. Looks like your second link will give soemthing I can work with after I study it.

Karl Pell. I appreciate your reply, but it is not what I am looking for. I am looking for easy to follow instructions for noobs. Your link isn't it. This is froma Noob, so I know what I'm talking about. Sharp's link defines it perfectly. A lot of the time responders forget the reason for the original question, lack of knowledge.

A lot of the time responders forget the reason for the original question, lack of knowledge.
And a lot of noobs will remain noobs because they don't recognize when someone is giving them information in a format appropriate to their holy noobiness (You're best off with DiamondFlash ...) at the same time that they're leading them to information to help them become self-sufficient ( Try these http://www.lejabeach.com/Guide/awardbios.html

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/ma...ios-update.html)

Mr Sharp is an experienced fellow and I mean him no disrespect, but the information that he's providing to you is incomplete, I believe, as it ignores the appropriate but important use of switches with AWDFLASH. The information that I've provided to you takes care of those switches for you initially (DIAMONDFLASH) and gives you the resources to learn and understand something important about the powerful software that you're about to use on your mobo ...

I will certainly not trouble you with unduly complicated or informative responses in the future.

I shall peruse all info you have given and try to understand. As I am in Atlantic Time Zone, it's getting a little late to read and comprehend. I shall carry on tomorrow. The light of day may amke everything a little clearer for my befuddled brain. I wish my knowledge level was such that I could understand all explanations instantly, but it is not. I have to work at it. So ....

Tomorrow, sweet tomorrow....

How-To Flash Bios:

grab a bootable pure dos floppy disk (your can make one through your operating system: for win: right click a: in my computer -> format -> check make ms dos startup disk) and place awdflash and bios file on this floppy.

enter bios -> load optimised defaults -> y->save -> boot off disk -> (replace BIOSFILE.BIN with bios filename -> awdflash BIOSFILE.BIN /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /LD /R /f) -> after it is done, it will reset on its own -> after reset, enter bios -> load optimised defaults->y->save->after POST finishes -> shutdown ->switch off PSU -> unplug -> wait for all lights to turn off -> press power a few times (5-10 times) -> set clear CMOS jumper -> wait for 10 minutes->set jumper back -> plug in ->switch on -> power up -> enter bios -> load optimised defaults -> now configure your bios.

Hello,

Usually the BIOS file/zip has awardflash in it.

Best to use the one on the DFI site as there are a few versions available or Pershoots CD/ISO, has it all.

:)

(Pershoot, thanks for answering my question about BIOS 510/510FIX, :angel: )