Giveaway For Our Folding@home Members!

Bosco

I plan on cetching myself up to somewhere in the double digits for rank very soon. I'm setting up the school library with Folding@Home all in my name. Sure, that may be 6 1.6GHz Celerons and some PII's (not to be used), but, combined with my Athlon and good ol' iMac, it should get me somewhere...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think pre pentium i know how slow they are and ocing them wont help much

Ahh in that case 'they' wont work at all... not enough 'on-die' cache... I was deperate enough to try an OC'ed Pentium Overdrive @ 80Mhz and all I got for my troubles was "insufficient memory" errors despite having 20Meg+ onboard :(

Even an M1 @166Mhz took more than 2 hours to complete a frame p#638... needless to say I didn't pursue that avenue either :(

After all that tinkering I wouldn't recomend using anything less than a 400Mhz cpu, despite a 200MMX being recomended as 'absolute minimum' spec for F@H by a rival sites folding team F@H info section. :)

Ahh in that case 'they' wont work at all... not enough 'on-die' cache... I was deperate enough to try an OC'ed Pentium Overdrive @ 80Mhz and all I got for my troubles was "insufficient memory" errors despite having 20Meg+ onboard :(

Even an M1 @166Mhz took more than 2 hours to complete a frame p#638... needless to say I didn't pursue that avenue either :(

After all that tinkering I wouldn't recomend using anything less than a 400Mhz cpu, despite a 200MMX being recomended as 'absolute minimum' spec for F@H by a rival sites folding team F@H info section. :)

ok then i wont bother setting them up lol but i hope to get my celery 700 back in action soon :D adding another to my lil setup :lol:

well we have about 150 p4 3.2 Ghz machians in my school, if i could only talk the network administrator into letting me fold on every one of them!!!!! Muahhhahhaha

i would fold again exept, its not working on windows server 2003 so.. me and nate are programing a program to run it, like exult for serpents isle "only the best game ever made"

Edited by asus