Overclocking My Barton 2500

thats why you should had gotten an Asus a7vn8x del :) .. my 2500+ is cruising at an altitude of 11.5x206 - 2369mhz load 44c with no turbulence.. but i would lean more towards it being your ram. but still any o/c is a good o/c if you ask me..

C0DE, did you happen to check your processor stepping code? if so, please post. and what vcore do you need to be stable at 11.5x206 (2369Mhz)? and how do you determine stability? thx for the info.

hey whats up .. i have it at 1.85v, i have not flashed my BIOS to get more voltage options. but a good place to look at o/c options/settings is http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/AMD/Barton/ my favorite one is the guy with his AMD 2500+ with a multiplier 21 lol.. 21 x 124. if you want to learn how to unlock your multiplier so you can take it higher then 13 there is a good video tutorial at tomshardware.. there is also another way at the first link i posted. also VeXun_#1 bring your FSB down and bring your multiplier up a notch and try upping your fsb + voltage then see your limit with that then bring your fsb back down a little and bring your multiplier up and take a run at it again. i think i got 13 x 190 but it wasnt happy.. lol.

also im suprised you get such low 3dmarks.. i have a asus ti4200 128mb o/c and gettting a 1380 3dmark.. i am using the latest asus drivers and they seem fine. if you dont have software for o/c there is a great registy edit program (very small) that allows you to change you mhz/ddr setting through the nvidia properties, i cant link you because i am at work and forget where i got it.. just try a IE search for Geforce overclocking or something..

and if you have a good heatsink fan try oc in all ways, once windows doesnt load go back and bring your o/c down a little. then when you get a setting that windows will open in do some benchmarking for stability, and if it random reboots on you up your voltage if you can and if not bring your o/c down some more. personally i feel that any amd 2500+ purchased now can run at 11 x 200 2200mhz...3200+ speed, paired with good ram + motherboard (i could be totally wrong though :)). i got mine there on stock voltage. also about heat once you get over 50c at full load i wouldnt take it any farther, even though you can. i have seen comps running 76c idle(amd 2000+) and that comp is still running..

ohh and trackfast11.. i figure stability as running some benchmark tests in loop. i have only done it for an hr havent had time for more. even then i dont think i will loop some more benchmark tests. if i am able to play any game i want and run everything i want for over a week and dont get one random reboot or error i call it stable, also no i dont have the stepping code.. sorry.

also i feel that my chip still has a lot left in it after i flash my BIOS for more voltage options and unlock my multiplier, and if any1 is wondering about cooling im running a coolermaster REVO V which is working pretty good.

Edited by C0DE

cant help u there.. im using the lastest nvidia driver with but tweaked my asus and im happy with it. why are you not happy with the latest drivers?.. because of your performance? overclock it.. my asus ti4200 was already overclocked by asus and comes with a program for overclocking.. i would link you to a oc program but again im at work:(