Overclocking My Barton 2500

I just barely Started overclocking, Im kn00b with it, but I successfully changed my FSB from 166 to 186 it went from 1836 to 2000 Temp went up mabey 3C* thats it, everything is working good except that Whenever I restart my comp, the FSB Resets back to 166, I have looked all over , And i cant keep it on 186 , it just goes back to 166.. any suggestion, plz :) post here or contact me through:

Aim - Nickdogg092

ICQ- 934479

MSN- [email protected]

I appreciate your support

well i have an Abit so i can change the mult from the bios with soft menu but i don't think you can do that with your mobo so look in the manual you probibly just have to chance some jumpers. just up it by .5 at a time and check to see if it's stable then do it again. you might have to up the voltage after a while just make sure not to go too high and keep an eye on the temps.

Ok thanks for the help, Ill check out the manuel, One more question

what is the best nvidia driver for a geforce 4 ti 4200.. Im running at 44.03 and my benchmark scores seem lower then they used to be,

I have athlon xp 2500

512 ddr pc2700

geforce 4 ti 4200 128mb

and my 3dmark 2001 scores are like 8100, my friend gets 8000 and hes running a p4 1.4 ghz 256 rd ram pc 800 geforce 4 ti 4200 64mb and he almost beats me, what the heck is up with that

hehe ati is really good but i have had a bad experience with an ati 9700 pro and it would freeze up my comp like crazy, : ( but if anyone knows what the best drivers are for ti 4200 are plz notify me on that

thx for teh help :)

i just built a barton system for my boss based on a Gygabyte board, its a default value to boot at 166 with those boards, I had the same thing happen to me!

thats why you should had gotten an Asus a7vn8x del :) .. my 2500+ is cruising at an altitude of 11.5x206 - 2369mhz load 44c with no turbulence.. but i would lean more towards it being your ram. but still any o/c is a good o/c if you ask me..

Edited by C0DE

Hey, I have a really good HSF, My temps are usauly around 30C* not overclocked, what do you think i should take it to overclocked at a safe temp?

and nobody has answere my question >: ^ () what is the best nvidia drivers for a geforce 4 ti 4200? Im using 44.03 and it sux any suggestions thx