Building the hottest comp. with best new parts.

Guest oRiOn

The Best Of The Best, wow that is quite a budget.

I would get

AMD X2 4800+

2gig Crucial Ballistix

2x74gb Raptors

Audigy 4 Pro (and wait for X-Fi)

2x7800GTX

Seasonic 600w PSU

now, unless your getting a Vapo or some other type of extreme cooling (besides water cooling) I would go with the best case out, the Antec P180

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/m...y_Code=C1-antec

after you get everything and figure your headroom you can add some water cooling. That case is the best for air/any type of cooling right now (my opinion, and many others)

-edit

here is link to the silent pc page that discusses the case

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article249-page1.html

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that sort of a budget...

Screen of your choice...

1* Vapo LS

1* 4400+

2*1Gb OCZ RAM (ask OCZ Andy for todays best offer)

2 * Hitachi 80 GB (SATA 2) for system disk on nVidia RAID

4 * Maxtor 10 for file disk on 3114 RAID 5.

2 * BFG 7800 GT

1 * Waterchill kit for dual GFX and chipset

1 * OCZ PS 600 (for semi quiet operating or U get the 600W that David recommended)

1 * computer tech to build it for U

A case and Ure set to Rock'n Roll...

Hey now, im not showing off, lol, just making use of a credit line i soon hope to get straightened out...credit company is bein' very difficult. I do plan on getting a phase change cooler...maybe not right away, but i will. I DO plan to stick with the X2 4800+ with 2 or 4 gb of ram...at least 2 to start off with. I do plan to cool the GPU's with whatever i can get my hands on, but chances are ill be putting this beast together in phases.

Phase I: Basic operating setup...cpu, and Mobo; ram, and hard drive(s); upper-middle class PSU; upper middle class fan setup; 0-moderate overclocking;custom CM Stacker case with all its goodies.

Phase II: Gather 2nd copies of GPU, PSU, hard drive(s), ram...etc, and equalize cooling to suit the increased strain...

Phase III: Open it up and toss in the best Phase Change cooler i can get my hands on.

Phase IV: Start my hefty workout on overclocking the CPU, and maximizing RAM performance. Equalizing cooling as necessary on RAM and GPU's

Phase V: Tweak to my wildest dreams and keep it from either exploding or going on a bloody rampage destroying every inferior computer in a 50 mile radius.

Theres no way i could raise the whole amount at once to build this thing, but i will definitely keep updates on my progress...though it will be significantly slowed due to my recent move into an apartment...very pricey. DAMN YOU SLOW CREDIT COMPANIES!