DFI Freezer for NF4 Mobos...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cyclepath
Look at the picture of the Lunablock. It only has ONE hole for fastening? It needs two? How does it work?

It does look a bit strange. I should get mine soon so I'll let you know how it goes. The one bracket does look quite substantial but as for keeping it on with an even contact without twisting I'm not sure. Maybe the picture is not showing the whole story.

Guest cyclepath

Maybe the other support screw taps directly into the bottom from underneath or something. I hope so :)

I've just purchased the lunaforce block in 12mm (1/2" ish). Looks a bit more unrestrictive than some of the other options. Thanks for the link WizZard

No problem. Don't forget to post back here with your review of it, since I would be very interested in it myself!

The alternative is for someone to do what ASUS did on the A8NUltra.... use a heatpipe cooler on the chipset. Low profile, no issues with interference, and good cooling. One that just stood right up behi9nd top video card to catch case airflow would be ideal.

The alternative is for someone to do what ASUS did on the A8NUltra.... use a heatpipe cooler on the chipset. Low profile, no issues with interference, and good cooling. One that just stood right up behi9nd top video card to catch case airflow would be ideal.

if im visualizing it right that would be cool . run pipes off the top of the chip and put the fins parallel to my front intake fans and it would be out of the way of peoples sli setups .

Guest cyclepath
No problem. Don't forget to post back here with your review of it, since I would be very interested in it myself!

I've received my Lunaforce waterblock now. It looks lovely and very well lapped. The other mounting is a hole tapped into the bottom. I'll post pictures of mine soon. In the meantime I've found some pics on an Italian forum

http://forum.insanewb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5691 :nod:

Guest scott

When I turn up the side flow fan on my CM Stacker case, the chipset temp drops from around 44 to around 36.

So this proves it's just a matter of air flow.