DFI Ultra D: First Boot Succesfull!! :)

I just set up my DFI board last week. The first thing I did was flash bios to 310 using the bootable floppy. Make sure your floppy cable is pugged in right. Make sure the power cable is connected right. (Can be installed upside down, I know :rolleyes: )

Set Removable disk as your first boot item in bios.

Hope it works.

DFI NF4 UT SLI-DR

amd64 venice 3200

value ram 2x512

6600GT

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just set up my DFI board last week. The first thing I did was flash bios to 310 using the bootable floppy. Make sure your floppy cable is pugged in right. Make sure the power cable is connected right. (Can be installed upside down, I know :rolleyes: )

Set Removable disk as your first boot item in bios.

Hope it works.

DFI NF4 UT SLI-DR

amd64 venice 3200

value ram 2x512

6600GT

Thanks for the concern Dirk. I have already figured out that problem.

you can give these a try...

Genie Bios

a1. LTD/FSB = AUTO

a2. CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio 10x

a3. PCI EX Frequency = 105 ATI video cards Nvidia 100 or 101.

a4. Cpu Startup VID = 1.425 Volts.

a5. CPU VID 1.425 Volts.

a6. CPU VID Special Control = 110%

a7. LTD voltage = 1.4 Volts.

a8. Chipset Voltage = 1.7 Volts.

a9. Dram Voltage = 3.2 Volts.

DRAM CONFIGURATION

a1. 200 Dram Frequency 1:1

a2. Enable CPC (disable this for more stability, it might get rid of some of your errors)

CAS Latency - 2.5

TRCD - 04

TRAS – 07 (or try 10, make sure TRC = TRAS)

TRP - 04

TRC – 07 (or try 10, make sure TRAS = TRC)

TRFC - 16

TRRD - 05

TWR - 03

TWTR - 02

TRWT - 05

TREF – 3120 (also try 3072 and 2560 if necessary)

TWCL - 5

Bank Interleave= DISABLED (you can try reenabling later)

DQS Skew Control = Auto

DQS Skew Value = 0

Dram Drive Strength= Level 6 or 8

Dram Data Drive Strength= Level 4

MAX ASYNCH LATENCY = 7X

READ PREAMBLE= 5X

IDLE CYLCE= 256 cycles

DYNAMIC Counter= Disabled

R/W Que Bypass = 16x

ByPass Max 7X

32 Byte Granularity = Disable 8 Bursts.

like i said, they're very similar to RGone's, with maybe a bit of customization for the fact that his original settings aren't completely optimized for Venice cores.

remember that this is just what works for me. if you still get errors, my next piece of advice for you is to head over to http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45, register, and ask for help. the OCZ guys are great about helping you along with your ram settings. between DFI-street and those forums, you should get it going in no time.

I noticed you have very loose timings on your memory killswitch. What volts are you giving it, or should I say, NOT giving it. I have UTT memory and bought it so I could get 2-2-2 1t at 3.2vdimm. I am not there yet, but I hear it is common. Did you come to the conclusion you didn't need it? You settling for 2500mhz with dividers? I never settle. LOL I am still trying to push the system. I am about to switch back to the Orange slots and see if that helps my voltage. The memory doesn't like any volts beyond 2.7v. I don't know why yet.

hi gridpool,

i actually decided tonight that it's too hot in my house for even the 2500 mhz. my parents refuse to turn on the air conditioning. fortunately, i only have about a month left to live here :). so i'm just going to run at 2400, 1t, no divider. seriously, i'm baking in this room. :drool:

i know my timings are very loose, but i was keeping them that way while pushing htt. now that i'm done with that until fall (or until i can start cranking the AC), i'll probably try for lower timings.

on the downside, i also have 2 summer classes, so my tweaking time is severely limited. bah.

Ok, the problem has been solved, with the OCZ CSR's over at BleedinEdge were a great help. It turns out 1 stick of Ram is bad. So I will have to RMA it. What a bummer, now I gots to wait longer

its worth the wait. i sent mine in about 2 months ago since a stick of ram went to bed. i thought it would take at least 3-5 weeks just for them to get it back to me. well, they took 5 days to get back to me and they sent me a new pair of the same kind of ram as well as some vx ram. im not saying that they will do that for you, but who knows