NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Damn close to 28s 1MB, that must drive you nuts. Raising application priority on SuperPi to realtime might shave off that critical .063 of a second you put you in the 28s range. Nice work.

CAS to RAS delay may be better at 4, but that is a real performance hit on Pi.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

long time reader, first time poster

I have a few questions (and yes i have read all 97 pages of this thread)

What exactly is the vcore issue? is it just not reporting correctly, or is it actually setting the wrong vcore?

this board has all the ram timings that the nf4 boards have, right?

i really want to try this board, but am a little leary.

long time reader, first time poster

I have a few questions (and yes i have read all 97 pages of this thread)

What exactly is the vcore issue? is it just not reporting correctly, or is it actually setting the wrong vcore?

this board has all the ram timings that the nf4 boards have, right?

i really want to try this board, but am a little leary.

If you read the whole thing, hats off to ya :P Look for "hoots" post regarding the voltage...

As for memory settings it actually has less options than the LP NF3 250gb...

Set Trcd to 4... The board with the present BIOS's doesn't like Trcd=3....
Yeah but on what speeds does that apply? Because you have a monsterous RAM speed whereas I'm simply talking at around 240....

I was running 2.5-3-3-7-2T at 240 with 1.55 + .3 and it passed memtest but my computer froze while I was watching a show on my comp and prime95 had been going for about 4 hours or so.

Seems like putting the Trcd for me would be a pretty big hit in bandwidth at such a low MHz but I'll try it when I fool around with the settings again

Rebelshaven - Oh yeah I forgot to ask, what voltage are you running at to achieve that high butt RAM Speed BTW?

Do you have a fan blowing over the RAM, mosfets, or different chipset cooler or anything like that?

EDIT: Ahhh! I just now noticed my chipset fan has already died! :( Yeesh

........Rebelshaven - Oh yeah I forgot to ask, what voltage are you running at to achieve that high butt RAM Speed BTW?

Do you have a fan blowing over the RAM, mosfets, or different chipset cooler or anything like that?....

Vdimm=3.0V

RAM Cooling = 2X80mm fans blowing directly on them... :D

CPU = Maze4 Water Cooled 39C

nF3 Chip Stock cooler....

I just bought this board to replace my K8N Neo2. The BIOS of this board is somewhat screwed though.

I am using Patriot TCCDs. I can't run this board at 300MHz, 166MHz memory 2.5-3-3-9 1T, even at 3V. I face no problems on the K8N Neo2 @ 2.75V though. I tried using A64 tweaker to set the timing to the same as K8N Neo2 but it doesn't work. Comp will hang when I apply the settings.

It seems that the board doesn't like Trccd 3. 4 no problem. Also, it doesn't really like 1T at high FSB. All these seem to point towards a BIOS issue.

The 6/28 beta BIOS may give some hope. Unfortunately, it does't work for me. The comp will kept posting into safe mode. For some reason, the FSB settings will always reset to 353MHz. Hopefully, DFI will post a working BIOS ASAP.

Vdimm=3.0V

RAM Cooling = 2X80mm fans blowing directly on them...

CPU = Maze4 Water Cooled 39C

nF3 Chip Stock cooler....

Thankya! :)

Are you using the temp monitor that comes with the DFI because I don't trust it at all...I got a TDX block on my CPU and it says around the same temps...a lot of people are reporting high 30's but mine will jump from 16C to 30's to 40s and all around...my chipset fan just died so I put a 60mm 6000RPM 40CFM fan blowing on it, on a fan controller though...I attached an image of my new even more ghetto looking setup......seens the PWM IC and chipset have cooled down by 5C even though the fan is a few inches away it really pushes some air.

Has any one considered water cooling for the NF3 chipset? And if so which blocks have they tried?
Personally I think WC'ing the chipset is a flow killer and pointless...just get a fan or an aftermarket if you can fit one IMO.

you guys think TCCD (or TCC5 in my case, same thing though) needs thier own fans?
Only with high HTT's and atleast 3v IMO....maybe even 2.9 but TCCD's don't really get that hot compared to BH-5s with extreme voltages, but still I suppose it just keeps your mind at ease :)

Little update: Basically I gotta thank oldguy, absoloot and even Rebelhaven a little bit for pretty much calling me a noob and telling me to get in there and tinker with this board :P

I changed the multi to 9x from 10x....HTT is at 3x and I'm running prime95, opened CPU-Z...and SuperPI'd it at 260x9 = 2.34GHz with 2.5-3-3-7-2T timings running 3V (headroom for higher memclock)

now it's not the CPU Clock that I'm like "ooh look at me!" but rather I know the mem is good, but not only that the CPU seems to be liking the lower multi better....also I've put the VID at pass through mode and am using +.2 and the board seems much more stable for me than it ever was trying to put VID to the specific voltage and then using the adjustments....

Voltage is being reported at around 1.39v which last time I was having to use upwards of 1.5+ to get even as close to 2.4GHz as I am right now, I'm hoping she doesn't slow down and I can keep going up a little more.

Basically you guys gave me a good kick in the arse to make me get in there and screw with it more and it seems to be helping :D

all right, what i really need to know is, what are the "drive strength" settings, my Neo2 doesn't go "weak" enough to work with TCCD memory.

i saw posts of the bios of this board somewhere, but i don't remember where now.