NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

check your FAH log very carefully to see if the units were bombing or not

I'm at work. I can't get access to FAHLOG for another 3 hours.

For you that have this running in windows right now what NForce Drivers are you using??????

Beats me. I haven't installed nforce drivers since I first formatted about 2 months ago.

I just swapped from my Neo2 yesterday to this Ultra-D without updating drivers or anything. I wasn't having any problems in windows though.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey dude, im just saying when you get home to check your logs, FAH is a great way to confirm stability but doesnt mean its not bombing while your AIM is still up and running, just trying to be helpful

I saw this a few secs ago

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...goto=nextnewest

a guy from thier site is gonna review the board and compare it to the Neo2 so all those that are interested watch for that one :) I will

Originally Posted by conrad.maranan over at xtreme systems.org

Test Bed #1

DFI LANParty UT nF3 Ultra-D

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Newcastle)

Sapphire Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition

OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Gold VX (2x512MB)

OCZ PowerStream 600W Power Supply Unit

Western Digital Raptor 74GB SATA HDD

Test Bed #2

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Newcastle)

Sapphire Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition

OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Gold VX (2x512MB)

OCZ PowerStream 600W Power Supply Unit

Western Digital Raptor 74GB SATA HDD

How does that sound?

hey dude, im just saying when you get home to check your logs, FAH is a great way to confirm stability but doesnt mean its not bombing while your AIM is still up and running, just trying to be helpful

Oh, I know. I accepted your suggestion and feel it IS necessary. Just being at work I cannot do that now. But once I'm home in roughly 3 hours I intend to check EMIII and my fahlog to make sure all in well.

I couldn't get the system up and running last night. So I went to bed. I woke up this morning to see that dual channel isn't as it is listed in the manual. So I tried the bottom dimms and it works fine. Once I'm back home I intended to Prime it some and do some gaming to make sure it is running fine.

Using nForce 7.11 at the moment without any issues.

I also had some problems going 1T on memory, so it's sitting at 2T right now with ongoing tests. Other timing is 3-3-3-8... yay.

On the Neo2, I was able to reach 275x9 but didn't test too much further. I'm still tweaking to see how far I can get, but most likely a RAM upgrade is in order very soon. Currently testing DFI at 280x9.

The voltage issue... I just leave the VID stock and use the adjuster to feed more volts at the moment. Even when I changed the VID Control to 1.4v the board would have troubles rebooting.

off topic:

I really wan to buy a new cpu tomorrow, i cannot decide

venice, SD or wait for X2. This pc is for gaming only want to have it running when BF2 comes officially.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

off topic:

I really wan to buy a new cpu tomorrow, i cannot decide

venice, SD or wait for X2. This pc is for gaming only want to have it running when BF2 comes officially.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

SD 3700+ but I don't think it has anything to do with the thread title :)

You guys notice that on the board itself the first orange slot says Dimm1....and then the first yellow says Dimm2.....so if the motherboard says "Slots 1+3 = dual channel" then it's correct because the first two orange slots = 1 + 3 and the first yellow slots = 2+4 :)

On that same note however I release that it also points to both orange slots and says Channel A then both yellow slots and says Channel B, which of course is nice and confusing.....but technically the way they have it labeled 1 + 3 = dual channeled, but if you're simply counting the dimm slots yourself thats why people are saying 1+2 = dual channel...hope I haven't too severely confused anyone :D

I will be setting mine up sometime today,got fathers day gift to get, gotta finish cutting holes in my case for a T-line, plus properly mount my pump, drain and refill the loop of course and put on the AMD64 top for the TDX since it currently has the XP....soo it'll be a while before I even get to power on :P

Which the problem: array building or Windows setup?

the windows setup I can load both the driver but it reboots at the "setup is starting windows"

I have messed with all the bios settings but nothing seems to help.

the windows setup I can load both the driver but it reboots at the "setup is starting windows"

I have messed with all the bios settings but nothing seems to help.

Have you tried with just one stick of memory? Just throwin it there for somethin to chew on...

Well i'm finally into windows (which was a really pain) but my memory can only be at 2T and also my memory settings are

TCL=2

TRCD=2

TRAS=5

TRP=2 (It is set too 2 but it boots and shows 3, memtest also shows 3 strange)

The bios is way DIFFERENT here , there are alot of settings missing, one is it does not show any SATA drives only IDE, the HDD is still detected but its different. the cd comes with NForce5.03 drivers i'm gonna use the certified 5.10

I guess i got along way to go here guys :( I'm gonna posts some pics soon