NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TIM:

could you test DDR at 300mhz (if you have tccd) 1:1 with cpu bus, please?

I had a MSI Neo2 and it wasn't be able to...I would like to know if the limit was MSI or the nF3 ultra chipset

thanks

Unfortunately, my FX-55 memorycontroller is bad, it won't go over 225-230Mhz 2-2-2-5 No matter what CPU voltage or Vdimm...(OCZ Value VX) (tested it thouroghly on my Neo2, I thought it was the board, but I have the same thing now)

Unfortunately I don't have TCCD, but it wouldn't matter anyways....next is Booster compatibilty...any suggestions on how to do this? Just plug it in Slot 4 and see if it works corretly? :)

Unfortunately, my FX-55 memorycontroller is bad, it won't go over 225-230Mhz 2-2-2-5 No matter what CPU voltage or Vdimm...(OCZ Value VX) (tested it thouroghly on my Neo2, I thought it was the board, but I have the same thing now)

Unfortunately I don't have TCCD, but it wouldn't matter anyways....next is Booster compatibilty...any suggestions on how to do this? Just plug it in Slot 4 and see if it works corretly? :)

Thank you very much :)

I had DDR Booster on my neo2, plug it into the slot 4 (it's better to have maximum distance between cpu) in the off position

then watch the booster display: it must show the same vdimm you set in the bios.

If no, use the little trim to regulate the booster (always in the off position)

I'll have to use the 90-degree SATA cables I've got, as well as getting a new SATA card for some new HDDs. It's a shame, but i'm sure DFI would have tried their hardest to remedy the problem.

---dens

Booster seems to be working ok.....plugged it in Slot 4 (Top most slot), got it to 3.4-3.5 volts, did a few memtests, booted up etc....voltage increased was correctly, you could even turn the knob and see the Vdimm in the Genie section increase, so I think that is a positive sign... :nod:

But again....it's a really tight fit with 2 memory modules (just like the Neo2 though) :)

Hi Guys:

I have a quick question. If I just ordered a new DFI LanParty NF3 250GB that comes today (from over the weekend before I knew about this one) and I have a 3400+ Clawhammer 754, would it be worth it to buy this motherboard and a 3500+ Clawhammer 939 or would I only see minimal performance increase? I think what I am going to do is just order the motherboard and when the higher cpus come down in price then upgrade. What do you think? MWAVE still has them as of 5 minutes ago.

Thankz, Take Carez and Laterz,

Hi Guys:

I have a quick question. If I just ordered a new DFI LanParty NF3 250GB that comes today (from over the weekend before I knew about this one) and I have a 3400+ Clawhammer 754, would it be worth it to buy this motherboard and a 3500+ Clawhammer 939 or would I only see minimal performance increase? I think what I am going to do is just order the motherboard and when the higher cpus come down in price then upgrade. What do you think? MWAVE still has them as of 5 minutes ago.

Thankz, Take Carez and Laterz,

Clawhammer is getting a bit old..get a SanDiego or Venice, 939 is worth it :)

You guys are doing a great job of keeping everyone informed about the new board. Keep up the good work.

No problem.....but I Need help now.... :)

Vcore settings are all acting weird?

1.55 + 0.2v is 1.75 right? Speedfan says :

1.58 Vcore1

1.63 Vcore2

Bios says 1.58.....WHAT THE?!?! :confused: (FX-55)