Help with new NF4 Ultra-D and OCZ-3200 Platinum Rev2

Hi, I just got a new computer, as you can see in my sig. I am trying to get the sticks to work on dual-channel, but no matter what I do, the sticks just won't boot up. I can get one stick to work fine, but trying to run both of them just doesn't work. I've tried Rgone's settings, but it won't boot them up. Can anyone help me a bit?

Oh, BTW, I am currently using an Enermax 430 watt PS, thats until my Antec Truepower Blue 480W gets here. But I'm pretty sure it's not the PSs fault, because I tried using my board with a TruePower 550 watt, and it still won't work. Any suggestions?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can do but when I was using 310 I still managed to get upto 300Mhz on my RAM.

Click my sig pic for a good A64 overclocking guide. It isn't just a case of just increasing the RAM speed to overclock. You have to tweak and take into account a whole bunch of other stuff so have a good read of it. It's long but it's in depth and you'll know what to change, when to change it and, most importantly, why you need to change it :)

I also want to be sure I am ordering a good PS for my system. Here are the other stuff in my computer besides the stuff in my sig:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 300GB IDE UltraATA/100

Maxtor 160GB 7200 UltraATA/133

LG-GSA4163B 16xDVD-RAM

Pioneer 106 16xDVD

I also have 6 Sunon fans in my case, that use regular Molex connecters.

Would a TruePower Blue 480watt be enough for this setup?

OK, just checked the memory sticks with memtest. They both boot fine, and both pass at least one mem test fine (don't have time to do more, got to go to work soon). One wierd thing, is that one stick is detected as 2-3-5, and one is detected as 3-3-5. The sticks came as a dual channel pair, so the should be the same. Any tips on how to get the board to boot up with both of them?

I had my UD up and running with a Antec 430 Truepower (20 pin) but it would not OC at all. Do you have all 4 power connectors plugged into the board?

Might be a good idea to pull the sound card until your new PSU gets there too.

Did you set bios to default settings when you got started?

Did you disable your onboard sound solution?

Hello,

Have you tried increasing the memory voltage?

2.8V.

Is this your memory?

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memo...inum_revision_2

Set the timings in the BIOS too.

200Mhz 1:1

Command per clock...............Enabled

Cas latency...........................2

RAS to CAS delay..................2

Min RAS active time...............5

Row precharge time..............2

Row cycle time......................AUTO

Row refresh cycle time..........AUTO

Row to Row delay.................AUTO

Write recovery time...............AUTO

Write to read delay...............AUTO

read to write delay...............AUTO

Refresh period.......................AUTO

Wrtie CAS latency..................AUTO

DRAM bank interleave.......... .Enabled

DQS Skew Control.............................Increase skew

DQS Skew Value................................255

DRAM Drive Strength..........................Level 4

DRAM Data Drive Strength..................Level 8

Max Async Latency.............................5ns

Read Preamble Time...........................5ns

Idle Cycle Limit...................................AUTO

Dynamic Counter................................Enable

R/W Queue Bypass.............................AUTO

Bypass Max.........................................AUTO

32 Byte Granularity.............................Disable(8 Bursts)

Hi, I just got a new computer, as you can see in my sig. I am trying to get the sticks to work on dual-channel, but no matter what I do, the sticks just won't boot up. I can get one stick to work fine, but trying to run both of them just doesn't work. I've tried Rgone's settings, but it won't boot them up. Can anyone help me a bit?

Oh, BTW, I am currently using an Enermax 430 watt PS, thats until my Antec Truepower Blue 480W gets here. But I'm pretty sure it's not the PSs fault, because I tried using my board with a TruePower 550 watt, and it still won't work. Any suggestions?

This might be related to your having a Venice core. I switched my Winchester out today for a San Diego and had a smilar problem (310 BIOS). My RAM ran very stable with the Winchester at default settings and SPD timings (2-2-2-5). As soon as I installed the San Diego 3700+, cleared the CMOS and fired up the system, I was greeted with a blank screen and three red diagnostic LED's. I pulled one module and booted with just the one, went into the BIOS and made a few minor changes to DRAM drive strength and data drive strength and upped the DRAM voltage to what I had it at before, 2.7 volts. I then inserted the second stick (orange slots) and booted into Memtest where I found that after about 5 passes of test 8, I received errors. I then upped the DRAM volts to 2.8 volts, which was also totally stable before, and got even more erros this time. I dropped to the default 2.6 volts and got no errors from Memtest. Thinking this strange, I took the side off my case and felt the RAM with Memtest running and found the heatspreaders to be almost to hot too touch even at 2.6 volts. I did the same thing often to check how hot the RAM was getting with my previous Winchester CPU and it was never this hot before even when overclocked and running at 2.8 volts. Just changing from a Winchester to a San Diego made my RAM run hotter even at default voltage. Another odd thing was that my RAM booted with everything set to AUTO at 2-2-3-5 even though the SPD timings are 2-2-2-5. With the Winchester it booted at the SPD timings.

Well, my sticks to get very hot. But I haven't had even one succesful boot with both of them plugged in, no matter what slot I put the other ram in.

200Mhz 1:1

Command per clock...............Enabled

Cas latency...........................2

RAS to CAS delay..................2

Min RAS active time...............5

Row precharge time..............2

Row cycle time......................AUTO

Row refresh cycle time..........AUTO

Row to Row delay.................AUTO

Write recovery time...............AUTO

Write to read delay...............AUTO

read to write delay...............AUTO

Refresh period.......................AUTO

Wrtie CAS latency..................AUTO

DRAM bank interleave.......... .Enabled

DQS Skew Control.............................Increase skew

DQS Skew Value................................255

DRAM Drive Strength..........................Level 4

DRAM Data Drive Strength..................Level 8

Max Async Latency.............................5ns

Read Preamble Time...........................5ns

Idle Cycle Limit...................................AUTO

Dynamic Counter................................Enable

R/W Queue Bypass.............................AUTO

Bypass Max.........................................AUTO

32 Byte Granularity.............................Disable(8 Bursts)

I tried all sorts of settings. Don't think I tried these though. I'll try them when I get home.

Oh, and I did try increasing the memory voltage, all the way up to 3.1volts

Oh, and about the cpu... I don't think that's it. At the beginning, I thought that the problem was with my cpu being too new, and I went to a friends place and had his cpu inside. He has a 3500+ Winchester I think, and the board still wouldn't boot with both sticks.