Socket 462 Discussion Thread

ok, now we have a socket 462 (AthonXP) database!

use this thread to discuss what is in the 462 database!

also attached is the template for socket 462 for those that want to add to the database!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks loggan26,

That'll give the rest of us 32biters something to shoot at,nice showing of that xp-m2500.

couple Q's,from the bandwidth it looks like cpc off

Did I really see a temp of 63c ,or amI mistaken

The big one,how'd ya get those 3dmark scores,spectacular.

Oh,and thanks AG for the opportunity,might be a minute 'fore I figure out how to post all data,like the bios screenshot.

Nevermind,I didn't see latency 63ns,I've never used that benchmark.

Btw,what were your temps?

<<<<<<<

That'll give the rest of us 32biters something to shoot at,nice showing of that xp-m2500.>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks to you Playah as it was you suggested i go for it.....;)

<<<<<<<<<<

Did I really see a temp of 63c ,or amI mistaken>>>>>>>>

No i dont run CPC off. NO need to as i run 2x256 modules but you do get a tail off in bandwidth as you hit the 250fsb mark, its weird, i have seen me get a higher 3d2k1 score at 240fsb than i have at 250fsb, just crazy so you gotta sacrifice fsb sometimes for decent benches.....

<<<<<<<<<>>>>

Welll getting to the 250fsb mark helps but as i said afore its possibble to get a higher score at lower fsb.....BUT the easiest way to get your score up is with your ACF timings, 11,2,2,2,2,13,15 if you can get it to run when you lower both those 2 end 13+15 to say 12+14 then it increases your score, overclock the sheet out of your gpu as well as 3d and aqua love your fps to be as quick as poss, last and not least is if you run a big a$$ fan at the side with the cover off the case that helps as well LOL.

Nope you were mistaken no temps that high do i run, see the pic above....

Oh,and thanks AG for the opportunity,might be a minute 'fore I figure out how to post all data,like the bios screenshot.

Nevermind,I didn't see latency 63ns,I've never used that benchmark.

<<<<<<>>>>>

My temps idle at 28C/32C and at full load it dont break a sweat at above 40C......Ps i am not finished yet gonna try and break some of those scores i have put up afore i am off too work again manyana.......

Well i've added mine to the database, and i think i've done it all ok. Don't have a DigiCam so sorry, no Bios screeny :(

This one is just for now. Once i get my SP-97 and better Ram i'll be taking it higher. I only need to use 1.8v to get 2585mhz stable so hopefully theres a bit left in it yet. Will have to see...

Thanks. How'd your post get all the way up there :D

When i get my Thermalright SP-97 and new Ram i'll take it higher. Think i'd be better just adding it to the Database as a seperate entry with it then being a slightly different system?

• 2 weeks later...
Hehe, thanks Playah,

Couldn`t remember what time I started prime, so i thought i`d make sure :cool:

Lol. I think you must have been out of it for a day or two :D

Definitely can't argue with that stability, great entry Mr Stom :)

• 2 weeks later...