Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

Actually the colour of the pencil doesn't matter. Depending on the country and brand, they can be red or green or yellow and black or other colours. However in most countries there's no such thing as a no 2 pencil anyway I believe B or HB is the closest equivalent.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you are making a contact as has been discussed so many times. You can try soldering and others have done so, but unless you are very confident with your soldering skills I wouldn't recommend it. You could easily damage something unintentionally.

gear: It's unlikely your problems have anything to do with the mod IMHO. It could be a power supply issue (with a 550W Sparkle seems unlikely but don't rule out a dud), a heat issue, an OS issue, a driver issue, a card issue or any number of things.

I've never won an SLI setup or been interested in one and since this isn't mod related, it would be best to ask in another thread, maybe not even in DFI-Street. However I would expect you can overclock an SLI setup. But it's possible that certain aspects of the card are pushed harder then normal or are more crash prone in an SLI setup therefore OCing is more difficult and less likely to have success in an SLI setup.

Of course, in an SLI setup, you're effectively limited to the lower of your two cards in both memory and GPU since running the cards async is AFAIK a bad idea and probably won't help much anyway. I presume you've test both cards seperately beforehand to find out their individual maximum stable OC? What did you use to test them? Been a while since I OCed a video card but 3DMark2006 or 7 for 12 hours straight would be my recommended minimum. Don't forget to occasionally look for artifacts.

right so you cab take 1 motherboard with a nvidia chipset and two gpu pcie slots and trun it into a sli board great . But if it wasnt a sli or crossfire board why does it have two gfx slots? im lost lol what is it originally if it aint sli or cf ??????

The board can have the capability of using two x16 slot video cards without running them in SLi.

ive just done the mod , worked on my second attempt , worked with the pencil so i did not bother doing anything else.

also recieved two sli bridges through the post today , one off dfi (thanks bulldog) & the other i got off ebay and thought it was lost in post so now i have two so if anyone needs an sli bridge give me a shout .