Corsair Ram on NF4 boards

Sage2050

CSS junkie, if you were a woman, or at least a greased up hole of some sort, i would totally do you right now :P

i did exactly what you said and was able to clock up to 220 (havent tried any further) and even set my ram timings to 2-2-2-5!!! on top of that, memtest ran without a hitch! thanks a million!

now, i'm gonna run through my bios settings and figure out exactly what it was that was giving me problems.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSS junkie, if you were a woman, or at least a greased up hole of some sort, i would totally do you right now :P

i did exactly what you said and was able to clock up to 220 (havent tried any further) and even set my ram timings to 2-2-2-5!!! on top of that, memtest ran without a hitch! thanks a million!

now, i'm gonna run through my bios settings and figure out exactly what it was that was giving me problems.

AWWWW :P I feel so special:D

I'm glad I could help man, keep raising that FSB speed, I'm sure you can get more out of it :nod: :cool:

ok, i did some more testing and it seems like the problem was in my ram. it runs fine at DDR200/300, but it crashes at DDR400. i clocked the processor up to 2.5ghz last night and ran memtest for 12 full passes with no errors at DDR200, but i couldnt even boot at 400. right now memtest is running at DDR300. i'm gonna run memtest whenever i'm sleeping/at school to find the breakpoint.

ran 20 passes at DDR300 today memtest said it was DDR375?) with 0 errors.

Maybe it's a problem with the XMS3200 as I'm rock stable at 290 using my 4400C2, but my "sweet spot" seems to be at 280, so that's what I'm running, at 1T with bank interleave on, 2.9v, 2.5,3,3,8. I

ve apparently been damn lucky with my RAM, I just can't run 4x512 of it like I'd hoped.

is there a reason Memtest reports a different DDR speed than the POST? my post says its DDR372 (186mhz, dual channel) but memtest says DDR500.

Yes!

Your post only shows what the divider is set at. It's not showing what the actual speed of your ram is running at. :P

no probs with 2x 512MB XMS3200C2v1.1 BH-6 at 250mhz 2-2-2-5 at 3.4v on DFI NF4 SLI-D http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=481 :D

I've never found anything that actually rates this ram's Voltage. Can I assume that I can push it up as high as I want. I know at default it runs @2.6, but I can't even boot unless I have it at least 2.8V.

I'm going to try out those settings you've supplied. Wish me luck :cool:

Guest eva2000

only XMS3200C2v1.1 = BH-6 v1.2 etc are CH-5/6 which can't take voltage like BH-6.. BH-6 acts and handles voltage exactly like BH-5 rated at 3.6v technically just BH-6 normally on average needs a bit more vdimm to reach same speeds as BH-5

only XMS3200C2v1.1 = BH-6 v1.2 etc are CH-5/6 which can't take voltage like BH-6.. BH-6 acts and handles voltage exactly like BH-5 rated at 3.6v technically just BH-6 normally on average needs a bit more vdimm to reach same speeds as BH-5

I don't know how you did it. But I can't get those settings to work at all my my system. If I go over 200mhz at all, it's very unstable. I'm just fed up with this ram, and corsiar in general! [OCZ here I come] I'm going to upgrade to something different soon.