DFI LanParyt SLI-DR best mobo i have ever owned!!!

well after playing around the tccd i wanted to get the 3200vx working and i think today i finally have:

1.5-2-6-2-7-15-1-2-1-2-1168-1-en-incr-0-8-2-7-5-256-dis-16-7-dis

260x10 1:1

3.6 vdimm

1.5v ldt

1.7v chipset

let it be known that the ram would pass dos memtest using only 3.3v but windows was far from stable.... it took 3.6v to make windows xp happy.....took me a long time to figure that one out because i assumed that since memtest dos was ok with 3.3v that windows should be too so i never tried pushing higher....anyways

still lovin this board and now im loving the vx (hated it before today) ;)

let it be known that the ram would pass dos memtest using only 3.3v
What is that, some kind of decree? "let it be known, throughout the land..." LOL, but seriously, you did an nice job w/ those timings!

DFI SLI-DR R. AA0

Athlon 64 4000+ Clawhammer, CAA2C, XP-120, AS5

2x512 OCZ Plat. Rev.2 PC3200 OCZ4001024ELDCPER2-K

200 gig sata Seagates x2

eVGA GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB, x2

Antec 1035-B Tower, 6-80mm Sunon fans

Enermax Noisetaker 600W Psu

Audigy 2 platinum

Viewsonic g810-5 crt

Klipsch 5.1 promedias

Momo Force wheel

ECCI Trackstar 6000 pedals

That sig makes me drool :drool:

My goal is 2 BFG 6800 ultras, I bet that thing runs like a dream. I'nm also going for that new OCZ pc5000 ddr625, haven't been able to find it anywhere other than germany :sad:

And to that one guy that started this forum, I play CSS all the time [really it's all I play period] Tell me what servers you hang out on and maybe I can kill ya oneday :cool: :D

We've prolly played together already. :nod:

Going to have to ask a silly little question here because I just dont know the answer, but thought I seen it one day while scanning the forum here. If I am going with strictly my sata drives, do I need to even install the ide drivers? I'm not planning on using my current 4 WD80 gig ide drives at all in this new rig, but would like to be able to pull some selected data off of them and install on my sata's. I do have the option of plugging them into the girlfriends pc and networking them over through my router. Second question, I'm going to use my audigy two platinum and not the onboard karajan sound, do I need to even install the karajan module? And whats the best lan to use. The vitesse, or the marvell? Not planning on using cool n quiet, or ntune. Just want to keep this install as squeaky clean as possible. TIA T.T.

Going to have to ask a silly little question here because I just dont know the answer, but thought I seen it one day while scanning the forum here. If I am going with strictly my sata drives, do I need to even install the ide drivers? I'm not planning on using my current 4 WD80 gig ide drives at all in this new rig, but would like to be able to pull some selected data off of them and install on my sata's. I do have the option of plugging them into the girlfriends pc and networking them over through my router. Second question, I'm going to use my audigy two platinum and not the onboard karajan sound, do I need to even install the karajan module? And whats the best lan to use. The vitesse, or the marvell? Not planning on using cool n quiet, or ntune. Just want to keep this install as squeaky clean as possible. TIA T.T.

You do not need to install the ide drivers windows will take care of the ata's for you.

1) you do not "have" to install the nvidia ide drivers - xp has drivers built in - and in fact i highly suggest you dont use the nvidia ide driver because it is garbage and will cause random reboots / bsod / and other fun stuff..

2) no you dont have to install the sound module if you dont want to - i did just so i wouldnt lose it but the drivers for it are not installed....i just use my audigy 2 zs ;)