soundcard and mobo sound

ok, the next part of my computer question is this...

I have a soundblaster audigy 2 soundcard that i would like to use. however there are no front panel hook-ups for it. so my question is, can i hook the front panel (mic/headphone connections) to the motherboard sound, and use the audigy for the speakers?

NO! Not that I can forsee.

RGone...

I have a soundblaster audigy 2 soundcard that i would like to use. however there are no front panel hook-ups for it. so my question is, can i hook the front panel (mic/headphone connections) to the motherboard sound, and use the audigy for the speakers?

There is a special situation where you can utilize two different sound controllers at one time.

You can use the onboard sound for one source and the Audigy for another source.

For example:

Game play sound uses the Audigy for output to speakers.

Teamspeak uses onboard for output to headphones and input from mic.

You could just use your Audigy ports but run inputs to the front/side of your case. If you run cables back through the inside of your case to custom holes in the front, no-one can tell that it isn't 'factory' if you've done a nice job. By using splitters you can also have your speakers connected permanently to the rear ports, but it pays to unplug your headphones (from the easily accessible front inputs you've installed) when you want to use your speakers as sound will be transmitted through your speakers and your headphones simultaineously once the speakers are turned on. Alternatively, use a switch on your splitters which is also wired to the front of the case.

NB: FrontX is excellent for doing things like this if you don't want to drill holes in your case.

EDIT/ If you also have speakers without a remote that're placed out of easy reach, you could run another input through to FrontX for speaker power on and off. :D