SLI-DR: Have you tried this error?

Ive temporarily lowered my overclock to 215 unti I solve my problem. Im really begenning to feel that this is a power supply issue. DARNIT! Im still looking for some1 to come here from HK or the US to bring me an OCZ psu :-( As of the moment im stuck.

well ya i seem to have gotten the same . :P although investigating the cause atm :C but i think it has to do something with memory or mem cntrlr thats about my guess :P and i still havent ruled out the chipset :P started 2 days ago and until then i had 294x9 rock .ing stable :C and today im barely stable at 280 it seems :C so im gonna wipe my tears and get down to the prob ! :D ill post any good findings anyways :D

Btw what PSU are you using?

is this error followed by a blue screen with something about HAL?

i kinda vaguely remember it, but atm im just getting the blue screen followed by reboot alone...

first i thought i solved that blue screen by upgrading my forceware from 66.xx to 71.xx (the only place where i could reproduce the blue screen (shutting down brothers in arms) didnt blue screen anymore after this update...

but yesterday it damn did it again

it was, after ive been busy with remote desktop connection on it...

i ran 3dmark01 for about 1 min, and aborted it... a few secs later i got the blue screen :(

dunno why, dunno what it is, its coming pretty random (not necesarely after heavy load), and my system seems pretty stable (8 hours prime, 2 hours occt, 8 hours memtest, couple hours test5 and test8 alone of memtest, 3dmark01 03 05, aquamark, sisoft, everest, pifast, superpi, half-life 2, doom 3, driv3r, brothers in arms all run stable as hell)

Guest oRiOn

hey, I have been getting some errors too! I pass memtest fine 8 hours no errors yada yada, primetest stablefor another 8 hours, but I get playing CSS and i get a memory cannot be read error, I tested ram, turned out its not that, down clocked to stock settings, still same error, i reinstalled nForce 6.93 drivers and the error went away for like 4 days then it came back :/ now when in battlefield i get a error saying the bf####.exe needs to be closed etc. You can try to reinstal that 6.93 drivers and see if you have any hope, and what was that about the pci lock and corrupting ur HDD can you explain how to fix that if thats the case because anyone think that might be my problem? Musik did you take off your chipset cooler and add some AS5 or anything like that? I have a thread under motherboards about this called NF4 - Chipset Issue?

Hope any of this is helpful

oRiOn :)

Yes IM currenty finding a way to order one, but what im scared is windows also plays a role in this error. Well, there is no way for me to find out until I try a 24 pin. The only access I have is an ANTEC true 480 with 20 pins. BUt I dont want to try it anymore ill just wait till I find my 24 pin.

yesterday ive been busy again with my pc...

and again i had quite some bluescreens / reboots :(

its all very random, i cant reproduce them...

they happen mostly when working on my new pc using remote desktop connection (but also sometimes without it!) and when doing alot at the same time

fe: open a song in media player, with visualisation, while installing far cry, from a with daemon tools mounted iso that still is on a dvd (yeah yeah, its a backup ;))

but when i tried it a 2th time it did work

i also had couple of them while downloading patches for far cry, and a few others too..

it seems really random

one moment i was thinking it might be the HD, cause i had problems with my hds once, and eventually i removed this HD cause i was suspecting it a lil...

so i ran scandisk while sleeping, and when i woke up, it seemed like it had bluescreened / rebooted again... :(

so i ran scandisk again this morning, and then it succeeded... :?

so i really dunno yet if its the HD...

the strange part is:

all games work perfect, and i never get blue screens during gaming till now (only sometimes when (or a lil after) shutting them down...

i played several hours of far cry and chronicles of the riddick yesterday...

so has anyone got an idea what to look for or what to try?

does anyone know how to let windows save the text of all bluescreens i get in a file (so i can read the text, now its rebooting too fast)

thx

Problem solved

1.) Testing A New ANTEC True 480 PSU 20 pin with 24 pin adapter.

My 3.3VRail drops to 3.21

5.0VRail drops to 4.96

12.0VRail drops to 11.58

LDT = 1.18

2.) Changed my Overclock to:

FROM 280x9 @ 1.5V to 250x10 @ 1.55V(drops to 1.53V)

Mem Tiimings 2.5,3,3,7 1(T) Dual Channel 1:1

All the rest set it to auto. Im pretty stable.

Note: Im suppost to be getting a new OCZ PSU but no site in the US accepts Phlippine credits card and shipping add is in the US (for my friend to take home :-( )