NF4 beta testers - please check Beta section

I would like access. I agree with all the requirements and I have the NF4 Ultra-D and a BIOS savior. I would like to see if the new BIOS fixes the problem with using both sticks of my new TwinMOS memory.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kuniva: as RGone stated, we are always working on something. We monitor these forums and email and always report to TW what we see, and what a lot of trusted users have to say (same as some of the guys at xtreme forums, they provide feedback to DFI also).

As Rgone says, we don't post what is being tuned or fixed in the beta bioses. Beta bioses come out to everyone once we have made sure that they don't kill the boards/bioses of the beta testers. Then everyone gets to try them and there's always a changelog to read.

We just don't have the time to sift through everyone's comments or requests or complaints when we are focusing on testing whatever Oskar/DFI has given us based on the biggest issues we see.

We don't have time for this especially in the beta section. Oskar reads the results (we don't allow for much beyond our strict guideline of what is to be reported, so posts don't wander off into 'what if' and 'why don't you put this in' etc). He makes adjustments.

Again, I don't want to sound like its too strict for you (anyone). Nor that it is some secret club and we only allow certain members to be a part of based on popularity, or anything of that nature. It is a place that we have a few users that we trust will actually do what we ask and report to-the-point the things that need reporting and not run off and tell everyone everywhere else what all it is and give it away to be tested also (since again, a lot of things tested never show up in final beta/official so we don't have need for 1,000 people asking 'well why wasnt 'x' included in it...i thought you were testing it?').

Aver/kuniva: as you don't have any backup plan beyond hotflashing, I have to pass. You can check Tmod's thread in modifications and get yourself another bios chip pretty cheap methinks. If you purchase one ( and I am in no way suggesting or 'pimping' that you buy anything from Tmod, I'm just saying he has some BIOS chips like Elts Drac did back when we first started this place) then he will tell me and I will allow you to test (and you have to agree with the rest of it, and actually do it, not just say yep im in and never give us any feedback).

bjevers: this beta is not oriented towards your problem at all.

again i probably sound like an uppity jerk but that is not what i intend at all. we are just very serious about our beta testing and want for good results.

I'll have a BIOS Savior tomorrow or monday, then I'll be happy to fry some beta BIOSes for you :nod:

Incidentally I apparently killed my BIOS by flashing the 310 bios with WinFlash :mad:

No matter what I do, I'm stuck with 3 red leds..

So you see, I had to get a BIOS Savior anyway.

-edited to add info.

I'll have a BIOS Savior tomorrow or monday, then I'll be happy to fry some beta BIOSes for you :nod:

Incidentally I apparently killed my BIOS by flashing the 310 bios with WinFlash :mad:

No matter what I do, I'm stuck with 3 red leds..

Did you try booting with just 1 stick of memory in the second slot? Did you try a different type of memory? When I went to 3/10 or 3/10P my TwinMOS TMII400/1GB failed to boot just like yours when using both sticks. Went back to 2/17 and all is well again.