The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Okay, so we got my Opteron @2.6GHz right? Look into the dashboard for the processor frequencies and it's listed as MHz right? Now why would the sensor 21+22 be in the temperature menu if they are frequencies and not temps right? Look here m8...

untitledzi5.th.jpg

I just want to change the degree symbol (Celsius) to MHz man, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack27 You Cannot change the Core and Memory readings to MHz.

It's just one of the limitations of using a program this old.

The program hasn't been updated in 2.5 years and the Author bnever released the source code.

_xhp_'s NV Plug-in (great work by the way) uses available sensors to display the information.

They are temp sensors so they retain the markings.

I think that everyone that has used the program (and pluig-in) have gotten so used to it that it is no longer noticible. If you go through the thousands of screenshopts on this forum you will see the sysmbol in every one.

It's tough when you are as anal retentive as most of us, but there is nothing we can do.

(white-out? :))

That is good to know soundx98, I've been wondering about that labeling since I first installed the plugin. Too bad it can't be changed but I don't even notice it anymore like you mentioned. On a side note I wonder why the author never released the souce code? I'm not expert when it comes to writting/modding progams like this but if the code was released would people be able to make those kind of changes and keep the program updated? If so maybe we should ask the author nicely to make the code public?

I've tried to email Alex Van Kaam numerous times, trust me.

While I'm too stupid to have the source code help me I am sure there are others that could make use of it. The biggest problem seems to be incorporating the latest board sensors.

To be honest I have not seen a post or heard of anything from AVK since his goodbye in June 2004.

He basically said he could no longer continue work on it due to the difficulty in obtaining motherboard and sensor information.

He stated he was bound by many Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) and they prevented him from releasing the source code.

Honestly, since measurements like "CoreTemp", Vid Card Temp monitoring, and Dual Core/Quad Core CPUs were not available at the time of writing, it's amazing to me that we are still using it.

_xhp_ did some awesome work with the NV temp sensors as did w1zzard from techpowerup.

Maybe smart guys like they can find a way to extends the programs life.

Almost 200,000 views of this thread so it shows you the amount of interest that nerds like us have in accurate temp/voltage programs.

I'm very impressed with Everest, but it is not free, and data can't be imported into many programs like MBM5.

Hopefully some day a motherboard manufacturer will offer a board with very good sensors, easy to access test/calibration points, and a program that is easy to use and allows the data to be imported into other programs.

I'm very impressed with Everest, but it is not free, and data can't be imported into many programs like MBM5.

That may change. The last couple beta releases have options to enable shared memory and WMI support. Any other program that uses shared memory will have access to the sensor data in Everest. Using WMI I think is the better way to retrieve the data since it is part of the operating system. I've got the sensor data from Everest ported to Samurize now using WMI. All the info normally shown in MBM is being displayed. I don't have a front end for it yet though. Can't make up my mind on the graphical part. With my (hopefully) soon to happen move to Conroe I thought I better start working on this.

I don't really want to dig through 1600 replies, call me lazy if you want. I remember seeing one screenshot that had more than one temp listed in the systray. When I enabled my cpu, pwm, and chipset temps, they would rotate but not all show up at once. Is there a setting to do this?

Right click sys tray Icon > Temperatures > Select which sensor > Visual > Under "Sensor Name" select "Display temperature in system tray" and check box> Secect Apply

Do it for whichever sensors you want to display

Oh yeah, "lazy" :)

Maybe something is different since im using RDC to get into my home pc right now. When I enable 2 or more sensor to be displayed, it just rotates which one is displayed eery 4-5 seconds. So my red cpu temp goes into my grey pwm temp and then back again.