Windows XP 64 bit

Well, I can't seem to get the damn thing to work using a bootable cd image. It works fine in this machine I am using now but in the AMD rig I get

EMM386: Warning: Address line A20 already enabled.

I have tried this boot disk in two other machines and not had a problem. Grrr!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed it today, some hardware (printer, webcam...) is missing because of the lack of compatible drivers.

+ Noticable A/V encoding speed increase

- Can't get my internet connection to work :(

Drivers for Marvell LAN seem to be ok in the hardware manager, but I keep getting the "no response" msg while "dialing" (DSL WAN Miniport). Same configuration works fine under XP 32-bit vers. - any ideas?

• 1 month later...
I got it installed, but as soon as load my Radeon 64-bit 5.4 cats, it no longer boots. Before that though, opening up IE seemed like it was turbocharged.

I have the same problem -- its starting to annoy me!

I'm running an Ultra-D / SD 3700+ / GSkill pc4400 2*512.

X64 Pro doesnt work at all once you load video drivers, this is crappy.

Dual boot XP Home and XP Pro 64 only problem is running games that have punkbuster which doesn't like XP Pro 64. ATIs 64bit drivers for my X800XL went on fine and seem to work good. No other problems to report.

im thinking about installing xp64... but im wondering about the sata drivers. Can i use the standard ones that came with my board or is that what the nvraid.exe is for? Im not running raid btw...

Guest scaramonga

Excellent OS!............running like a dream...........SATA picked up nps...... :nod: