Received Ultra D have some BIOS questions

My first thread started.

Got my Ultra D today, have it up and running with Windows XP Sp2 installed at 235 x 10. RAM in dual channel slots 2 & 4.

I read posts here about setting up the board, and well basically ripped off the RAM settings Angry Games posted. :angel:

RAM- 200- Enabled (1t?)-2.5-4-7-3-7-17-3-2-2-3-4708-1-Enabled (Vcore @1.60 RAM @ 2.60)

Since there are many new (to me) BIOS items on this board I need help with some.

In CPC is "Enabled" 1t or 2t?

MAX PCI Payload Size-- I am using "4096"

Refresh Period-- Using "4708" I see 166 and 195

LTD Bus Transfer WIdth-- using "16 16 "

CPU VID Startup Value -- using "Startup" (Is this startup vcore?)

PCI Express Frequency-- using "100 MHZ"

Marvel GIG LAN Control- I have it "Enabled"

Finally I cannot locate the revison number of my board, I found the serial number sticker on the PCI e slot hope it is not on the back of the board or... :sad:

Sparx

Reading the label with a dental mirror it looks like "A 02".

Hope that's a revision. Moved up to 240 x 10 need to learn more on those BIOS questions then I can install Nvida board drivers and stuff.

I have been using Windows IDE drivers, have the Nvida IDE drivers been any good?

Thank you for the replies guys. ;)

sparx

A02 is the latest revision so you are good to go. Dunno about the IDE drivers, I was so excited to get this beast up and running that I forgot all the stuff I put on it.

Chuckamazuk

So far I am very happy with it. I am "snowed" with all the BIOS settings for the moment, but I will get it done.

The one problem I have is my Eheim 1250 pump sits on the bottom of my case (antec 835) and the lower pci x slot is in the way,or the pump is in the way depending how you look at it. (No fault of DFI, I am sure the MSI is the same) I wanted to run two 6600gt's, going to have to rethink on how to get it all in the case. Just sold off my backup Hydor L30, wouldn't you know It would problably fit. :rolleyes:

DFI sure did a great job heat sinking the mosfets on this board, seems to be almost a bargin for $149.00.

sparx

I have a ? too...

Is there a pci bus speed setting on the nf4's?

I'm not talking about the pci-e one, unless it's locked to it, then I'm all ears lol.

Anyways if I ever upgrade to this thing I'd like to oc my pci bus to 50mhz at min, if I can't do that then it would sorta suck, big time because I would lose isa and dma oc'ing too that way :(, plus pci bus speed is very very inprotant to me.

Without min of 40.5mhz pci I cannot do 120fps ntsc video captures, etc.