hard drives & raid - benchmark and compare!

Angry_Games

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here are my results.

Hitachi 80GBx4 raid 0.

I dont know how I decided on 16K possibility sorrentino. Fresh install of windows and complete redo of the water cooling set up. CPU temps in the 20's though that wont last long. (the rad is outside the box now).

I will need to start looking for some cheap 160 hard drives to back up this mega stripe considering I have had 2 HD failures in the last year though not on this system but the file server.

What do you think guys are the results adequate? I will update after I update the Nevada drivers if indicated. These are from the January install disk.

OK I got the floppy to work with me:

Sems to work well though I bet I am at the limit of the sistem at the moment only single chanel and 512MB of memory. More consistantly high results with these enabled. note previously I was at 1GB memory as per sig though there did not appear to be much real diffrence I did do before and after and the before did not look much diffrnet from the 1 gb.

OK here are my results.

Hitachi 80GBx4 raid 0.

I dont know how I decided on 16K possibility sorrentino. Fresh install of windows and complete redo of the water cooling set up. CPU temps in the 20's though that wont last long. (the rad is outside the box now).

I will need to start looking for some cheap 160 hard drives to back up this mega stripe considering I have had 2 HD failures in the last year though not on this system but the file server.

What do you think guys are the results adequate? I will update after I update the Nevada drivers if indicated. These are from the January install disk.

LOL, how easy is for people to loose track of the information :shake:

Smokenjoe, haven't you enabled Spread Spectrum yet? The Burst Speed aparently increase doing this... not sure about the rest, which aparently remains as fast as it is.